SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas Eve disasters, let's share our stories
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Eve disasters, let's share our stories Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
So we didn't really have anything happen other than having to postpone family Christmas celebrations because my sister had to work Christmas day (medical profession family life - we're all used to it; Christmas hasn't been on Christmas Eve/Day in many, many years), and my siblings being on a boil water notice - whatever, I've got some water containers they can borrow and keep refilling until they get pressure back, and if it comes down to it I've got water filters from my backpacking days.

However, my sister's neighbors are a different story. Older sister and her family were trying to come down to Mom and Dad's house to hang out with everyone and they couldn't get by because there were fire trucks blocking the exit to the neighborhood. The neighbor's garage caught fire - the house is toast, they lost their 2 dogs, and their claim is probably going to get tossed by their insurance because of an illegal add-on (no permits pulled, no licensed contractors). So, he, his wife, and their toddler have lost everything in short order.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3374 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
While I offer my apologies and well wishes to those who suffered damage or loss, Christmas eve was a disaster here, and will be used against me in the years to come.

I had a girlfriend who has a drinking problem, and also does not like my kids. As we know we're all a little different Roll Eyes however she really took to compounding the differences with too much to drink and had the Exorcist-type meltdown and vileness right on Christmas Eve. Loud with grandkids in bed, cursing all the way. Had no choice but to boot her from household right then and there. Kids had the "I told you so" look. Won't live this one down.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry about your pup, Q. There’s no words. I just went through that recently. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
And, on an unrelated note, my 17 y/o baby boxer mix decided to go to doggie heaven at midnight, while I was cleaning up. The sweetest and friendliest dog I've ever known. He's in a better place now.

Pic from last year:

I’m so sorry for your loss, too many times I’ve been down the same path.

My Christmas “present” was coming down with a sinus infection Christmas Eve, spent all day Christmas in bed, no food, just liquid. Held off to go to urgent care yesterday afternoon, steroids and antibiotics t/w Tylenol and twelve hours later a big turnaround. Staying home New Years Eve I work until 3 and off the streets.

Have had a couple personal relationships blow up
On Christmas Eves many years past but emotions are high at this time of year, it’s not always a Hallmark Channel production.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post