SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man shot in leg at Sig Sauer's Epping training facility

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Man shot in leg at Sig Sauer's Epping training facility Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
http://www.unionleader.com/pub...ng-facility-20170405

Man shot in leg at Sig Sauer's Epping training facility
By JASON SCHREIBER
Union Leader Correspondent

EPPING - A man suffered a gunshot wound to the leg Wednesday when he accidentally shot himself during firearms training at Sig Sauer Academy, police said.

Police and rescue personnel responded to the training facility at 233 Exeter Road just before noon after receiving a report of a man with a gunshot wound to his lower right calf.

Police Capt. Jason Newman said the accidental shooting happened while the man was holstering a handgun during civilian training. Initial reports were the victim is 59 years old, but Newman was unable to confirm the age.

The injured man was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Fire Chief Don DeAngelis said Sig Sauer has its own paramedics on hand to assist with such incidents, so the victim received immediate care.

“They do such a great job treating and packaging so they’re ready to go when we get there. Sig Sauer is very responsive with their EMS,” DeAngelis said.

The chief said there have been several such shootings at the training facility in recent years. In January 2016, a civilian student suffered an accidental gunshot wound to the leg.

Sig Sauer Academy provides firearms and tactics training and is often used by law enforcement and military personnel, but instruction also is available to civilians.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Its a very good place

I used to do the Skills Builders there

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
"several"? Roll Eyes

That'd be a nice paramedic gig to have, though!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
"several"? Roll Eyes

Yep, stood out like a sore thumb. Eek

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Glock 40?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Enough people, over time, handling many weapons, all functions involved, things can happen. Noone is immune to a accident.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Glock 40?
That was my thought. Block, or maybe SIG P320.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
After having the pleasure of meeting several of the staff up there, and watching them host people, I have no doubt they could fix one up from a gsw as well as any medical team, barring complications such as broken bones and such.

They could also probably hold off Canada from invading our Country as well. No offense, Canadian members.

With the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of rounds shot there each year, there are certainly going to be unfortunate training accidents. Hopefully the shooter/shootee will make a quick and full recovery.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post