SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Denver PD Recovered my Stolen Sigs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denver PD Recovered my Stolen Sigs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to work for a relatively large sporting goods store. In 2008 (before I worked there) there was a burglary through a skylight they resulted in 13 guns being stolen.

In 2012 when I was working there, the store received all but one of the guns back from the PDA that recovered them. Most of them were in terrible shape. Two that I remember were a Kimber SIS and a Kimber Desert Warrior. The guns were sold at employee auction and my boss got the desert warrior for like $400 and paid someone $300 to detail strip it, clean out all the rust and putting and shit, and cerakote the entire thing. Thing looked brand new when it was all said and done.

He later got a copy of the police report from Chicago PD. Gangbanger had run from some gang detectives and ditched the gun in a flowerpot in an alley. When he was caught, he fell off a fence and hit his head repeatedly...or so they said.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post