SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The CRT absurdities Air Force Academy cadets are dealing with
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The CRT absurdities Air Force Academy cadets are dealing with Login/Join 
posted
The Left may be not be able to abolish institutions that they view traditionally as conservative, instead they'll hollow it out from within, change the mindset of those who enter and undermine the tenants that allow it to exist and survive. Sadly the American citizen looses, not only in military readiness but, more importantly, by not paying attention and taking seriously what's been happening in academia and those angling for power in government.

Veterans Combat Racism and Radicalism in the Military Academies
quote:
Veterans Day honors those who have served in our armed forces. One quality that has made our military strong over the years is that it was apolitical, and today, that quality is under threat and veterans are standing up.

Rather than promoting unity and military cohesiveness, our military is increasingly embracing a divisive political ideology detrimental to military readiness. A retired Air Force general, I have paid particular attention to my alma mater, the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA).

Over the past 18 months, USAFA has introduced leftist politics. For example:

> All incoming cadets are required to watch an indoctrination, diversity and inclusion “training“ video that promotes a woke agenda. One cadet told me, “This training just made me so sad, as I have a number of black friends and I had never thought about them as anything else but ‘friends’ before.”

> An unquestionably political book by leftist activist George Takei was given to every incoming first-year cadet on day one. Takei advocates for open borders.

> A USAFA political science professor bragged in the Washington Post about teaching critical race theory right after Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin publicly declared the Department of Defense was not teaching CRT.
Lt. Col. Matt Lohmeier was relieved of his Space Force command for writing a book and articulating how this divisive training is harming unit cohesiveness.

> USAFA created a diversity and inclusion reading room of mainly left-wing books (Black Panthers, BLM, and Malcolm X). In a Zoom call with concerned veterans, Lt. General Richard Clark, USAFA superintendent, agreed the room should be “balanced” with conservative authors. We sent him a suggested reading list. Despite asking three times for a list of reading room books and submitting a Freedom of Information Act request, we haven’t received a response from Clark. The law requires at least a response to a FOIA in 20 days.

* USAFA football coaches produced a video and shouted “Black Lives Matter” multiple times in 2020 while many cities were burning at the hands of the BLM organization, which was founded by self-declared Marxists. We love the sentiment of "black lives matter.” We strongly object to the Marxist organization. This video also used the term Jim Crow, which was outlawed in the 1960s, and there is scant evidence it exists in today’s America. After hundreds of emails and calls over nine months, Superintendent Clark finally removed the video from USAFA football’s Facebook page. The video is still on YouTube.

> Likewise, a former superintendent submitted allegations of systemic racism in a 2020 letter, and we submitted a FOIA request for data supporting the claim. A response six months later did not answer our questions but provided enough information that did not support the systemic racism claim.
We have submitted 13 additional FOIA requests seeking evidence. As of October 29, 2021, none has been answered properly. The lack of documented systemic racism evidence leads us to question USAFA’s recent decision to hire diversity and inclusion officers because of “discrimination embedded in long-standing practices and beliefs.” What are those practices?

> Many of these activities have been done in the absence of Board of Visitor oversight, which the Secretary of Defense “suspended” without authority in 2021.

In a seemingly unprecedented abuse of power, President Biden terminated 18 BOV individuals appointed by President Trump. BOVs and their term lengths are grounded in Congressional statute. The matter is in court.

How have cadets responded to this politicization? When 50 cadets were recently asked to name their biggest challenge, their first response was COVID-19, but their second response was “all the politics.” An upperclassman admonished them and said, “be careful, you never know who is listening!”

Cadets have told me the politics during boot camp training were “pervasive and subliminal” and that “diversity and inclusion are overused.”

Another cadet said: “The USAFA is the worst place to be as a ‘white male Christian.’ I have wanted to come to USAFA my entire life—now I’m telling all my high school friends to go someplace else.”

As Elaine Donnelly, president of the Center for Military Readiness explained, this indoctrination threatens the intangible but essential element of military cohesion because it inspires resentment, suspicions, and negative assumptions about others based on their skin color. It threatens the horizontal bonds of trust between individuals in a unit who rely on each other for survival and mission accomplishment.

“Accusations of ‘white supremacy’ and ‘systemic racism’ are as toxic and harmful to horizontal cohesion as racial discrimination and racism itself. How can a cadet sit through a class that divides everyone by race and leave the class with bonds of mutual trust and respect intact?” Donnelly said, noting that vertical cohesion depends on trust up and down the chain of command. “Commanders who insist on such instructions have forfeited the trust of troops they lead, and that weakens morale and military readiness.”

Cohesion and military readiness cannot be taken for granted without horrible consequences, especially after China tested hypersonic space missiles and our Navy lost a capital ship to arson allegedly by a disgruntled sailor and inadequate fire control, revealing the failure of the chain of command.”

Several veterans and I founded STARRS—Stand Against Racism and Radicalism in the Services, Inc.—to educate Americans about this Marxist march in our military. STARRS supports our founders’ vision, our Declaration of Independence and Constitution’s wisdom, patriotism and unity over divisiveness in our military.

This Veterans Day, veterans can renew their oath to the U.S. Constitution on STARRS.us. Visit and once again be a part of something larger than yourself alone.

Whether one is a Democrat, Republican, or an Independent, we all need to come together as AMERICANS to stand and say--”we do not approve of this politicization of our military! Stop it!!”

Posts: 14658 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I see nothing in there that would contribute to our abilities to wipe the enemy's air forces from the sky or bomb our enemies into the stone age. You know, that Fly!, Fight!, Win! shit. What the Hell is happening to my Air Force?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Heavens to Betsy, Gertrude, reading some books and watching some videos does sound awful. Almost like Gitmo or some CIA Ultra brainwashing program. Gosh. However could someone resist such, ahem, indoctrination or something else scary sounding.

(Seems like rampant whining on both sides. I expected a much worse report. Good grief. That's it? Some fucking books and videos to consume? Oh lawd, so scary.)

Color me wholly unimpressed with most of the bitching and moaning about this.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that explains why their football team sucks. Watching this instead of game film.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Trust me, it's far worse than even what General Bishop mentions in that piece. The AF in general and the AFA in particular seem to have swallowed this toxicity, hook, line, and sinker. Not long ago there were cadet allegations of white racist comments, that were later proven to come from a black cadet, and cadet hearings and court martials seem to occur on a semi-regular basis, from charges of rape, to sexual harassment, and drug charges. Some charges, like the drug ones are sometimes true, but some of the rape charges have been found false.

The AFA now has a Wiccan temple on campus, although I have no idea how many cadets identify as witches.

Locally we hear about their latest follies, on a semi-regular basis.

Thankfully, STARRS members have been getting some short moments of air time and public awareness to promote their goals and combat this distraction of toxic ideology.

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Color me wholly unimpressed with most of the bitching and moaning about this.

Well maybe the AFA library should include some books on promoting NAMBLA and pedophilia/ pederasty too... you know, for that diversity and inclusivity shit that's so important in combat and killing your enemy. That should really improve unit cohesiveness and effectiveness, because there is nothing divisive about that ideology either. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well maybe the AFA library should include some books on promoting NAMBLA and pedophilia/ pederasty too...

That you think this is a remotely valid equivalency or good argument is ludicrous.

(And understand, I've no personal beef with you whatsoever, but that's weak bullshit.)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I am going to say is that it is not just the Air Force.

You would not believe half the briefings and courses I have had to take both in person, virtual and online in regards to these issues.

Many soldiers half my age (I turn 50 next month) are leaving and not renewing their contracts..

I am in a new unit and at my first in person drill last month I met two guys who each spent 6 years + active duty. One was a Cav Scout and the other was Infantry who stated that their contracts are coming to a close Mid 2022 and they are gone. (They were trying the Reserves during their IRR time.)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Well maybe the AFA library should include some books on promoting NAMBLA and pedophilia/ pederasty too...

That you think this is a remotely valid equivalency or good argument is ludicrous.

(And understand, I've no personal beef with you whatsoever, but that's weak bullshit.)

That you don't seem to understand just how corrosive, cancerous, and divisive this radical Progressive Marxist ideology is... how utterly destructive it is to the mission of the military, and to the fabric of a society, especially a society that voluntarily binds itself together under the principle of freedom UNITED, is weak bullshit.

That our country is being torn apart by a largely fabricated set of divisive classifications, seeking to create a multitude of victim classes and the unrest that follows is bullshit.

While racism exists on some level in most countries, it is so rare an occurrence in the U.S. that white racism hoaxes have to be manufactured just to perpetuate the Left's CRT narrative.

Show me a factually proven case of current day white racism in the U.S. towards a black(s) and I'll join you in condemning it. The question is, will you join me in condemning factual cases of modern day black racism in the U.S. towards whites?

The military, including the service academies, only further erode their effectiveness by promoting these divisive ideologies based in lies, that serve only to distract from focusing on the real threats this nation will face.

Have you read any Marx?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah I have read Marx. In fact I had a course in Marxism in college a few decades ago. I have adult children who are college graduates and their beliefs are similar to mine. It all begins at home. All of this woke stuff will end. In fact AOC said the term is outdated and not used by anyone under 45. I would imagine the Academy is still training cadets to be pilots one day.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I have two nephews who have graduated from the AFA and both stayed in to retirement. One has a daughter who is presently in the Academy, all with strong conservative values and they all seem to be surviving the present situation there. As ZSMichael said, "this all begins at home".

What concerns me more is the many good officers and personnel who are becoming frustrated with current policies and leaving the service. The key word there is "current". There is an "ebb and flow" with all of this.

If all the good personnel leave, who does that leave 'running the ship'?

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Many soldiers half my age (I turn 50 next month) are leaving and not renewing their contracts..

I am in a new unit and at my first in person drill last month I met two guys who each spent 6 years + active duty. One was a Cav Scout and the other was Infantry who stated that their contracts are coming to a close Mid 2022 and they are gone. (They were trying the Reserves during their IRR time.)

Yup. Had a young man working for me for my last couple years before retirement. He'd switched from active duty to active reserves so he could see to it his son was brought up right. Last I talked to him, he was considering not re-upping. Too much wokeism, too much pandering to special interests, too much lowering of standards for the sake of "inclusiveness." He was thoroughly disgusted.

The Army he described was entirely unlike the Army I knew, and the Army I knew already had greatly-relaxed standards compared to, say, the Army my dad knew.

I'm pretty broad-minded, but I think I would have hated today's Army.

46and2, you seem to be utterly and completely missing the point. I wonder: Did you ever spend any time in the military?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The Democrats do not want soldiers, sailors, airmen or marines they want people that will tow their line, subscribe to their ways, and see the Constitution as an old out dated document. Our biggest threat to the Democrats isn’t Isis, Russia or China, it’s racism and climate change. Sadly our enemies know that we are weakening ourselves from our leadership, and they will exploit it.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Taking your focus off mission and lethality is never a good thing. Happens every time we get a liberal in the White House. Hillary revealed the sentiment best years ago when she said the military is a "necessary evil".

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
CRT stands for Cathode Ray Tube. Any questions?

This country is going stupid.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post