SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helping Para (Crowdfunding)
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Helping Para (Crowdfunding) Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.




posted Hide Post
The big 60. Very nice!
 
Posts: 3080 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thank you, and of course members were not seeking to curry favor. I wouldn't think that for a second, but it really is something to think about- you donate to me and then I kick your ass. That's not something I would ever want to happen, but it may at some point come to pass.


Agree. I look at this as separate unrelated matters altogether. The only reason I contributed is because I wanted to help; I may not always agree with you but I know you're a good man and I appreciate all you do for us. I told Rob this via email the day I contributed. If down the line you kick my ass, I probably deserve it, even if I may not initially realize it, and that has everything to do with my behavior nothing to do with the fund raising. If I deserve an ass-whuppin'...well, you know what to do. Smile

I'll try not to be deserving.


-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
 
Posts: 8134 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
If it doesn't break any rules or cause any problems what's the harm in just leaving it for a while?
I don't know about you, but I don't want to visit any forum where management has their hand out all the time. It was difficult enough for me to swallow my pride and do this at all. I don't want to abuse the privilege, and it most certainly is a privilege, and nothing to be taken for granted.

Rob and several members have suggested making this an annual event. I think that makes more sense than drawing this out in an effort to squeeze every last bit of charity from the membership. Come this time next year, we'll see if it's needed.
 
Posts: 99635 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of an annual event. Please don’t think of it as having had your hand out. We want to reciprocate in some measure for your sacrifice. You’ve given freely and we appreciate it.



You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
 
Posts: 28309 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.




posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
If it doesn't break any rules or cause any problems what's the harm in just leaving it for a while?
I don't know about you, but I don't want to visit any forum where management has their hand out all the time. It was difficult enough for me to swallow my pride and do this at all. I don't want to abuse the privilege, and it most certainly is a privilege, and nothing to be taken for granted.

Rob and several members have suggested making this an annual event. I think that makes more sense than drawing this out in an effort to squeeze every last bit of charity from the membership. Come this time next year, we'll see if it's needed.


Thats a good idea. You put a ton of work into this and there are no ads and no nonsense tolerated. I'd be glad to contribute annually. And since its all gifting, the IRS doesn't get its hands on any of it.
 
Posts: 3080 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If it chambers, fire it
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I'm in for annual or anytime in between.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 5693 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I think annual would be great. We all have had access to the best forum online. From single shots to single malts, I have learned so much from Para and and all the knowledgeable contributors. It is time we shoulder some of the load.
 
Posts: 1680 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Happy to help.
 
Posts: 465 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I like the idea of an annual event. Please don’t think of it as having had your hand out. We want to reciprocate in some measure for your sacrifice. You’ve given freely and we appreciate it.


I could not agree more.
 
Posts: 1863 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Done a little while back. A worthy endeavor.
 
Posts: 528 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Any chance of getting the forum registered with Brave?
The browser has the 'tip' function that, in my case, shows 22.5 BAT ~ $9USD.

Would gladly direct 100% of that to the forum, but don't know the logistics of how that works.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 12075 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Any chance of getting the forum registered with Brave?
The browser has the 'tip' function


Had to look... yes Brave Rewards.

And adding a web site:
https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

Don't know the "in's and out's" of the process or if there are any downsides....



Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
 
Posts: 14847 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helping Para (Crowdfunding)

© SIGforum 2022