SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helping Para (Crowdfunding)
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helping Para (Crowdfunding) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:

I'd really like to see us set something up so Para never has to worry about a single cost of this forum ever again.

Just make it a thing once a year for a period of thirty days where the membership can donate as they please. Purely voluntary. I have no doubt this place would as a result remain independent and ad free forever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else.
~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 28793 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
This community never ceases to amaze me!

As others have said, if Para ever questions if it was worth it I hope he is getting his answer in spades along with all the other members.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Wow - this place is just amazing. What a group, what a Forum. Thank you again, Para. So happy to be able to help with this.

Posts: 6522 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Done. Happy to help.

Posts: 613 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My pleasure

Posts: 11865 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I donated, I kept my name confidential from the public. I have no issues with the information being shared with Para as the recipient.

Para, you'll find a lot of us willing to help out in many different ways - we appreciate the online home you've opened to many, as well as your knowing when to SHOW someone the door out as well.

Posts: 2614 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to sit down to dinner with my sweet wife and be able to enjoy it without thinking about finances.

excellent.

Posts: 3474 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just now saw this thread. It is heartwarming to see the response. Chipped in what I could.

Breathe easy Para, the members here have obviously got your back.

Posts: 767 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LB
In your talks with Para, Let him know that there are many members of this forum that would be eager to pay for a Premium Membership. I know that keeping the forum free is important to him, but I would pay to help him cover some of his expenses. I'm a member of several motorcycle forums that allow members to pay to be premium members while allowing general membership to be free. I'm confident that there are many members of this wonderful forum who would also do the same.

I don't post a lot, but I visit this site nearly every day, usually several times a day. This forum is important to me. I'm willing to support it.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 155 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really appreciate that. The /forum/ is well provided for and that there’s a warchest to make sure it stays that way. The issue as I understood it was that he had some needs on the personal side and was just Para enough to not tell anyone or let us help out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Legal Beagle,

Posts: 1862 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Done. I agree we should make this an annual event.

Posts: 1127 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to be in

Posts: 12878 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para! Thanks for your years of hard work here! Thanks for the community!

Posts: 4286 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Thank you, this is really a great opportunity.

NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
VCDL Member
FFL Dealer

Posts: 1003 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Carly Simon - "Coming Around Again"

Posts: 18308 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another anonymous here.

Thank you for the opportunity to donate. I have been wonder if there would be a way to help support the forum.

Posts: 902 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
I don’t always have as much to say, but read daily and always learn stuff. Great people. Thanks Para for everything and LB for putting this together!

Posts: 304 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
First thing I thought of.

Very happy to give back to this community of misfits.

Posts: 2938 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoyW
posted Hide Post
Done. Glad to help.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 80 | Location: Taylorville,Il. | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I have also proudly contributed.

Thanks Para for providing this awesome online community for us!

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2059 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post