SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Helping Para (Crowdfunding)
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helping Para (Crowdfunding) Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
posted Hide Post
Done. Thanks para for everything.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9091 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done, Thanks Para for all you do.

Posts: 1427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm honored to contribute on this. Sigforum and by extension Para has been a part of my life for a very long time. But I have not a clue if the goal shown on the fundraiser (now exceeded) is what's needed. If not then can we let all of us know?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10010 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
More than happy to contribute...I've gotten alot from my time here

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 13841 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm honored to contribute on this. Sigforum and by extension Para has been a part of my life for a very long time. But I have not a clue if the goal shown on the fundraiser (now exceeded) is what's needed. If not then can we let all of us know?

Legal Beagle said it was an pseudo-arbitrary number/goal.

He also mentioned that is open for another 29 days.

I imagine the need is greater than the ask, knowing people in a place like this.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 24783 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

Very well said, SIGnified.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 11572 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the opportunity to help out a little.

Posts: 43650 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If it stays open, a lot of us will swing back for another round or two.

guaranteed

Posts: 17954 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I'm here just about every day and I'm glad to help out. Still plenty of time left, and I'll be sure to do another contribution before the end.

Posts: 7027 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Well that was the easiest decision of my day.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11244 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Done. Happy to help and grateful for the opportunity to do so.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2359 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the forum Para!

0:01

Posts: 3889 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Rob, in a way I understand your reaction and in another way I’m surprised you weren’t expecting this. I thought the initial goal was a bit low but then again, we’re almost all conservative in what we aim for so as to avoid looking like assholes (some of us just have that look naturally you know Wink ). I would honestly not be surprised to see $75-100k by the time the 30 days is up.

Posts: 13179 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I'm in, thanks for setting this up

Posts: 3419 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I’m in. SIGforum rocks. I’m here everyday to see what my internet friends are up to. Always good advice and discussion.

Thank you Para for all that you do. It is greatly appreciated by so many.

Posts: 650 | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I would honestly not be surprised to see $75-100k by the time the 30 days is up.

Four weeks from now - "Anyone seen Para?"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4195 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
Done. Thanks for a great forum, Para.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 931 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Did what I could, thank you Para!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6475 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Done. It’s about time we got to give back to Para for this place!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 15792 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
88,000+ registered members.

A little over 300 have contributed.

Just think if we could get half of what is left to donate a dollar each.

This could be YUGE!

If there are really 88,000 members, I'm shocked that only 300 have helped out.

Posts: 427 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post