SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oven Recomendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oven Recomendation Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted
We just had our gas LG oven catch fire tonight so we are searching for a new one.

We were looking at a Maytag (below) and have heard Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid are good brands. Wife does want a double oven. Just seeing if anyone has any other recommendations.

https://www.albertlee.biz/prod...ange-mgt8800fz-99943

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just now ended up buying/installing a samsung slide in range after ge model we wanted went out of stock,time was up and we had to finish house remodel.

The samsung range has a vibration when the oven is on and its excess heat fan comes on. We also have a samsung over the range microwave that bought same time. It kept losing power due to bad board joint or relay. Replacement works ok.

My point is Samsung quality is not so hot.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
About a year ago we bought a Whirlpool electric double oven after a GE's control panel died and were obsolete.

Very happy with new one.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonfire:

We were looking at a Maytag (below) and have heard Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid are good brands.
Same company. Those are all brands produced by Whirlpool Corporation, along with Jenn-Air, Amana, and Roper.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Related information for future reference

I have a 20 year old Whirlpool double oven. The board went wonky and I sent to these guys

https://www.fixyourboard.com/boards.html

$150 and I was back in business.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We have an LG double, convection/microwave up top and convection oven on bottom, got it at Costco, they have a great program.

You buy it and they include delivery, removing the old unit and installing the new unit in the price.

Watch their emails for deals for members...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We have a double Samsung gas that works fine except trying to use the double oven. It's not a double oven, it's just a removable divider. The temp variations using the double are terrible, we stopped using it and won't buy another fake double

Maybe Maytag did a better job

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay away from GE. We have an expensive 10 yr old one wtih gas cooktop, electric convection oven. Oven does not heat properly, it wont brown anything. Nobody was ever able to fix it. I think it has something to do with the "convection" fan that sticks out into the oven (we never use that) but who knows.

There is a 30 yr old GE wall oven that was original to the house that still works perfectly.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We're very happy with our Whirlpool, 3 years old.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Samsung.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wolf

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Went to look at the ranges today and a BlueStar caught my eye. Very basic with no timers but research showed them to be very good. It would be about a $1000 more than I want to spend but the longevity seemed to be great. No bells or whistles just basics. No electronics to break. The common brands are all sold out and nobody knows when they will be in. Stores are telling me it could be over six month.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fisher-Paykel

Double ovens are great, at the very least, it makes Thanksgiving a whole lot easier. When not in use, they can be used as storage for those odd shaped pots and pans.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Wolf

Alright Baller! Big Grin Way out of my price range when I was oven shopping.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've had my eye on this JennAir dual fuel for a few years now.

The GE model that I have is junk.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
My daughter has a KitchenAid double wall oven in her new place that she’s very happy with. I didn’t use it during my stay but it sure looks nice and everything she made in it came out perfect.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post