SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Kindle Experts Here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Kindle Experts Here? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My Kindle Oasis, gen 10, has a weird new trick.

The battery level indicator is stuck at 100%, even though I have used it for many hours of night-time reading since the last charge, with the LED lighting active.

I have done a "re-start" a few times, no change in status.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Did you try a shutdown? Hold power button for a good 40 sec. Or maybe that's what you tried.

Posts: 7372 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

Did you try a shutdown? Hold power button for a good 40 sec. Or maybe that's what you tried.
Tried the shutdown / restart both ways: via the power button as you suggested, and via the device settings menu options. Neither one had any effect on the "100% battery" status.

Strange thing is, before this all started, the battery would show a 97% or 98% max, immediately after a charge. Then, it would gradually decrease, as expected.

The new behaviour is displaying 100% battery charge, and remaining at 100% after several hours of use, mostly reading in bed at night with the LED's working. My guess, based on past performance, is that I should be seeing around 60% or 70% now, but I'm still seeing 100%, which clearly can't be correct. Unless maybe some strange type of perpetual motion type renewable energy has kicked in.

Sort of like your cell phone showing 100% battery charge after a week or so of use.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I know both mine (older Kindle 3, non-backlit) and my wife's new Kindle has extraordinary battery life, but that's obviously something off.
May just need to run it to 0/power off & recharge

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Look at this:

https://amazonforums.force.com...stuck-at-100-charged

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

Look at this:

https://amazonforums.force.com...stuck-at-100-charged
What I'm seeing there, other people have had the same situation, but I do not see any resolution.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים