SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help with a blood pressure cuff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with a blood pressure cuff Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted
Need help figuring who made a blood pressure cuff or how to adjust it. I will try to make this as short and concise as possible. A cuff I have used for years needed new batteries so I changed them today with two new aaa batteries. Now it talks to me with a female voice telling me how to use it, my pressure and heart rate, etc. Never did this before for years. There is an icon of a speaker on the lower left that I can not not figure out how to turn off. It is not a touch screen and I have tried many combinations of the lower buttons with no luck. I have no manual and don't know who made it. Thanks for any help.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9409 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
From a quick Google Images search, it appears to be a generic Chinese-made model that's sold under a large number of different brand names and model numbers.

Here's the instructions from a similar one, so you might try these steps. Even if the stuff displayed on the screen isn't identical, it might get you to the right setting.

1) With the unit powered off, press and hold the SET button for 5 seconds until digits on the screen flash.

2) Then repeatedly press the SET button to cycle past Month, Day, Hour, and Minute (which is how you would set the date and time, using the MEM button). After that, the screen should then display a flashing SP.

3) On the SP screen, use the MEM button to cycle through SP-01 (English), SP-02 (Spanish), and SP-0F (Off).

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
There's some more detailed instructions on this Ebay page.

Ebay UK

quote:
SETTING YOUR DEVICE:

After put in the battery you don't need to press any buttons. It's in sleep mode.

1. Select the user
In sleep mode, Press SET button at least 3 seconds, symbol fashes.Press MEM button to select between user I and user 2. Press SET button to confirm.

2. Set the Date
In sleep mode, Press SET button for at least 3 seconds, symbol fashes. Press SETbutton to select date.Year displays and flashes. Press MEM button to increase the number by increments ofone(hold MEM button to increase faster).Press SET button then Month display and flashes. Follow the procedure above to set the Month. Day, Hour, and Minute in order.

3.Switch On/Off the Voice
In sleep mode, press SET button for at least 3 seconds enter user settings status, then keep press SET button until enter SP setting, SP ON or SP OFF displays and flashes. Press MEM button to switch. SP ONindicates that the voice function is on, and SP OFF is voice off. Press SET button to confirm.

4. Switch the Pressure Unit
In sleep mode, Press SET button at least 3 seconds enter user settings status then keep press SETbutton until enter PR setting. After setting theVoice PR ON or PR OFF displays and flashes. Press MEM button to switch. PR ON is kPa PR OFF is mmHg. Press SET button to confirm.

FUNCTION KEY DESCRIPTION:

On/off key:
1) In the sleep state, short press enter into the automatic test mode.

Memory key:
1) In the sleep state, short press enter into the memory query mode.
2) In the memory query mode, long press for 3 seconds and short press set key to removes all the current user memory data.
3) In the sleep state, short press the memory key to query memory storage, if there is no memory group the screen shows “No”(without pronunciation)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16823 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Thanks both you guys so much. Smile Problem solved.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
And by the way, nice numbers. Are you an athlete? Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: irreverent,

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
irreverent, I am not an athlete but I do stay active and walk alot every week.

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
If it's old-old, you might consider replacing it or at the least take it with you to your next doctor's appointment and check it against their BP machine to see if it's still accurate.

Posts: 9232 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post