SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you don't take sleep apnea seriously, Carrie Fisher death report
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you don't take sleep apnea seriously, Carrie Fisher death report Login/Join 
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I just passed the 3 month mark on a CPAP, and I really can't tell if it's making a difference. I haven't had any of those 'best sleep of my life' moments yet.

I've been on mine for 3 years and I don't notice any difference, either. That doesn't mean it's not working, though. I always wake up tired, but my wife says I sleep more soundly.

Whether you feel it or not, apnea puts a strain on your heart. . .

Same here. I've been on a CPAP machine for about 2 years now. I have not noticed any improvement in sleep quality. But, my machine tracks apnea events and they are down significantly when I sleep all night with the machine.

I'm sleeping better than I have in years with my machine. Definitely noticeable and dramatically improved sleep quality. Hell, I've noticed a dramatic improvement in my waking quality of life as well.

Maybe go see your doctor for a follow up? Others with apnea that I have talked with have all had similar experiences with their machines as well.

Posts: 1622 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
If there is any question of sleep apnea, take it seriously. Get tested.

Carrie Fisher had multiple health issues, including apnea. It definitely contributed to hear death. When you hear of someone dying in their sleep, it may be many things, but apnea is an often usual suspect. I was tested, have it, and the test saved my life, in fact greatly improved my life quality. We've talked about it here before. Get tested, take action.

Carrie Fisher Link.

ARE YOU KIDDDING???????????

She died because she had COCAINE, HEROIN, AND ECSTACY IN HER SYSTEM.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

Carrie Fisher had multiple health issues, including apnea. It definitely contributed to hear death. When you hear of someone dying in their sleep, it may be many things, but apnea is an often usual suspect. I was tested, have it, and the test saved my life, in fact greatly improved my life quality. We've talked about it here before. Get tested, take action.

Carrie Fisher Link.

well... yeah.... maybe that too.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

Carrie Fisher Link.

The strongest drug I take is Mt Dew. Is there some sort of high provided by a mix of cocaine, heroin and ecstasy that you couldn't get from any of the drugs separately (ie, why did she want to take all three??

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well it's clear to me. If you're in your 60's, and you're on Heroin, Cocaine, and you have sleep apnea, you're lucky just to wake up. If that was her normal routine, it's amazing she lived as long as she did. I know that if I did all that, even once, I'd probably be dead by morning. Geez o petes. That kind of shit is for young people, not old folks like Ms. Fisher and some of us. But I'm sad to see her go, I liked her.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8917 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post