SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    C-130 vs F16 >>>>>>>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C-130 vs F16 >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
A C-130 was lumbering along when a cocky F-16 flashed by.

The jet jockey decided to show off.

The fighter jock told the C-130 pilot, 'watch this!' and promptly went into a barrel roll followed by a steep climb. He then finished with a sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier.

The F-16 pilot asked the C-130 pilot what he thought of that?

The C-130 pilot said, 'That was impressive, but watch this!'

The C-130 droned along for about 5 minutes and then the C-130 pilot came back on and said: 'What did you think of that?'

Puzzled, the F-16 pilot asked, 'What the heck did you do?'

The C-130 pilot chuckled. 'I stood up, stretched my legs, walked to the back, took a leak, then got a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll.'

God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3091 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Funny. Not quite 'AirSoftGuy funny'. More like 'Bendable funny'. But almost 'Marzy funny'.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny but still not as funny as that classic about a Beech Baron asking for a speed check, then a Lear Jet, followed up by an F-18 asking for a speed check and then finally an SR-71 asking for a speed check, which was over Mach 3 but the radar op wouldn't be specific about how far over Mach 3 that SR was moving. BTW heard a later version where the Space Shuttle called in an trumped the SR-71 and he was just GLIDING.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The C-130 crack is the best. Those are beautiful beasts, and the F-16 jockey gots ta take a piss ! Very funny.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8917 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This is funny. Borrowed this and just told my co-worker who is AF vet. He was cracking up. Big Grin

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The funniest one I ever heard was LA Center telling me as I was en route to Grand Canyon in the Mooney 252, "Your traffic is a Bonanza, 9 to 10 o'clock, 20 miles, also inbound for Grand Canyon Airport. Should be no factor, you are 50 knots faster!"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite aviation Urban Legend:

Eastern seaboard~0500L:

Pilot(over Center Frequency):"I'm fucking bored"

Center: "Aircraft making last transmission, please Ident".

Pilot: "I said I'm fucking bored, not fucking stupid".

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Old joke that's evolved over the years. The way I first heard it was an F-4 showing off for a B-52 crew over Vietnam. The BUFF pilot finally says I bet you can't match my next move, and the F-4 says bring it on. Five minutes later, with just level flight, the B-52 says go ahead and match that, and the F-4 says I didn't see anything. The B-52 comes back with, "I shut down two engines for the last 5 minutes, so match that."

for those that don't know, an F-4 only has two engines, while a B-52 has eight.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A/C: "5000 Yankee inbound towards ATL..."

Tower: "Not again!"

(It's been years, so I don't remember the southern airport for sure, but the exchange was reported in Flying Magazine)

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of when, after about 14 years on the the flightline with F-15 and F-16's, I was transferred to a C-17 base, assigned to a support (repair) squadron.

BORING! When I met the commander, he knew of my background when describing the functions of the different shops within the squadron.

He made a joke similar to the OP's, inferring how much better the transport pilots had it over the fighter pilots.
My response was I didn't think being able to drink coffee was the goal of many pilots entering UPT. Razz

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
Reminds me of when, after about 14 years on the the flightline with F-15 and F-16's, I was transferred to a C-17 base, assigned to a support (repair) squadron. BORING!!

When I met the commander, he knew of my background when describing the functions of the different shops within the squadron.

He made a joke similar to the OP's, inferring how much better the transport pilots had it over the fighter pilots.
My response was I didn't think being able to drink coffee was the goal of many pilots entering UPT. Razz

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A-7 declares IFE (In Flight Emergency) because he had an engine fire light.

Tower tells him he's number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down.

"Ah... Says A-7 jock. "The dreaded seven-engine approach!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post