SIGforum
C5 Z06 Increase 0-60 by Half Second?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3490001774

November 30, 2020, 10:31 PM
YooperSigs
C5 Z06 Increase 0-60 by Half Second?
Can you add a launch control system? My new Charger has one. Have played with it much but it looks good so far!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 01, 2020, 01:23 AM
Lunasee
If you want a low dollar solution. go with nitrous. Then get it re-tuned or you could blow your motor
A less risky, but more expensive route would be a heads/cam solution.

I can't answer your question in 0-60 times because I don't do drag strips. I run on road courses. I can tell you horsepower changes from modifying my '03 C5 Coupe over the years.

- Headers and cold air intake = +30 rwhp.
- Z06 heads and a medium cam = +75 rwhp.
- Z06 heads, Fast 92mm intake, and a monster cam = +125 rwhp.

All HP numbers were don on a loaded Mustang Dyno.

You can probably find your answer on the Corvette Forum Drag Racing Section.

Hope that helps.

BTW, a half of a second is significant drop in 0-60 times. What are your reaction times?
December 01, 2020, 02:28 AM
Pyker
I think you mean 'decrease'.
December 01, 2020, 06:01 PM
4MUL8R
Since the Tesla can do it, on street tires, wouldn’t the answer be to increase torque at low engine speed? Having beaten a motorcycle to 90mph in my friend’s Tesla I think the answer is to somehow emulate that torque curve.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
December 01, 2020, 06:28 PM
got2hav1
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Since the Tesla can do it, on street tires, wouldn’t the answer be to increase torque at low engine speed? Having beaten a motorcycle to 90mph in my friend’s Tesla I think the answer is to somehow emulate that torque curve.

I don't know what a Tesla weighs but I'm sure it is heavier than the C5Z 3118 lbs. Weight especially over the rear tires is helpful. Case in point look at the C8 min engine 0-60 time 2.8 sec. reported by GM.

JEREMIAH 33:3
December 01, 2020, 07:08 PM
P250UA5
The Tesla is also AWD, IIRC.
Also, its an 'auto' so you're not dealing with getting a good launch with a clutch.
I'm sure it has a suite of electronics keeping the wheels from spinning, too.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 01, 2020, 08:11 PM
Brother
I am going to follow the advice related to getting better, traction, and improving my skill set as a driver. Thank you all!
December 01, 2020, 08:30 PM
bryanZ06
quote:
Originally posted by Brother:
I am going to follow the advice related to getting better, traction, and improving my skill set as a driver. Thank you all!

See if you can find any posts from a user that went by "Ranger" on Corvette Forum. Back in the day he was getting VERY good 60' and 1/4 mile times out of the C5Z.

I haven't been on there in years. Those posts might be gone by now, but it's worth a look if they're still up.