SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bonnie Raitt won a Grammy for Song of the Year last night and…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bonnie Raitt won a Grammy for Song of the Year last night and… Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
WOW!^^^^^

Agreed.

Anyone know if there is a back story to the song lyrics?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Been a fan of hers for decades, great slide guitar player also. Don’t watch the shows but well deserved.

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorite concerts was Bonnie playing outdoors at Veterans' Park in Manchester, NH (before it became Manch-ganistan).

Having Jeff Healey as an opener was icing on the cake.

quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
DailyMail had an article this morning titled "Who is Bonnie Raitt?" F!!! you, Daily Mail and the 20 something "journalist" that wrote that.

Tosser Roll Eyes

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3462 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I like that angel from ontgommery song, the Tedeschi truck band does a very good version also

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great news!

As far as Lizzo, never heard of her before this thread so I listened to her most popular song on YouTube, Truth Hurts. 299.6 million views and it was:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23315 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Bonnie on the Grammy award. Been a fan for quite a while and always enjoyed her vocals and guitar work, especially her slide guitar work. It was good to see/hear a bit of class and dignity brought to an otherwise class-less and undignified televised event.

Posts: 13 | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Good for her, nice to see a class act with talent win.

Definitely. Many years ago I saw her in the lobby of a hotel in Chicago. My buddy went over and had a nice chat with her.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6424 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
WOW!^^^^^

Agreed.

Anyone know if there is a back story to the song lyrics?

She explains it in her acceptance speech.

BR is one of my favorites and happy to see her win the Grammy Award!

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
On her slide guitar she can blow the roof off.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1569 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
I like that angel from ontgommery song, the Tedeschi truck band does a very good version also

Listen to John Prine's rendition from his first album; he wrote it. Simple and unadorned. Great album, by the way. Kris Kristofferson wrote the liner notes; he recognized the talent he was witnessing...after hours in a Chicago club.

Posts: 2695 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post