SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seriously, Who Cares if A Liberal Is Offended?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seriously, Who Cares if A Liberal Is Offended? Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
John Dempsey

Go offend a liberal. It doesn’t matter. The left gets offended over everything. Literally. They will find a reason to be upset about something. The ultimate goal of a leftist is to shut up the opposition. By taking the fifth rule of Saul Alinsky, ”ridicule is man’s most potent weapon,” liberals try to shut up anyone with whom they don’t agree. To render the fifth rule ineffective, the recipient of leftist attacks must not care and voice their beliefs.

Charles Davis is the dean of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia. Recently, a childhood friend of his, Brian Kemp, won a Republican primary in the state of Georgia. Davis took to Twitter and publically congratulated Kemp with the following Tweet: “I went to high school with the GOP guv candidate @BrianKempGA. We played YMCA ball from childhood. Politics be damned. He is a nice guy, always was. Kind to a fault. He’s a friend, always has been, and will be when we’re old(er) and grey(er). That’s how all this should work, people.”

Davis is exactly right. That tweet was kind and dignified. There was nothing political about it. He congratulated a life-long, childhood friend and there is nothing wrong with that. He acted like an adult. It sounded like that Davis is probably a Democrat and was putting politics aside to congratulate a lifelong friend with a mature gesture. If so, this outrage is another example of leftists eating their own to push their agenda.

However, some leftists saw the tweet. At that point, Davis formed a bull’s eye on his back and became nothing more than a target for harassment. He was called names, and insulted to the point he issued an apology tweet that read,” I’d like to issue an apology to anyone offended by my tweet shout out to Brian Kemp…I’ve read and learned so much from you all and will endeavor to be more thoughtful.”

The only thing that Davis could have reasonably learned from this experience is that the left is unreasonable and unhinged.

A mob on Twitter bullied Davis. He told a childhood friend good job for winning, then allowed himself to get shut down by a chronically angry group of keyboard warriors. The left can’t intentionally teach anyone. If someone learns from them, it is because he or she was a victim or an astute outside observer of their antics.

The left attacks a person mercilessly until they cower in submission if they don’t agree. Submitting is the wrong way to handle the left. They are never offended, only continuously angry and looking for the next target.

There must be pushback on leftists. Davis quickly gave in, and now he is a victim. If one pushes back hard enough, they will move on to someone else. Instead, Davis should have valued his childhood friend, and blown off the raging leftists.

There is no way to offend a leftist because they are in a constant state of the offense.

It doesn’t matter when a liberal is offended. They attack people who don’t 100 percent agree with them, regardless of political affiliation.

If educating the left is offensive to them, keep offending them.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
So true.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I care if they are NOT offended.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Because liberals punish those who do not conform. It's natural to avoid casual negative consequences. So even if reflexive, we modify our behavior as a result. We either push back, limit ourselves or avoid contact altogether. Either way is a demonstration of caring to some degree.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F the liberal, progressive dems......Personally, I don't give a rats butt.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
At first blush... I felt sorry for Charles Davis. Then I read his tweet again:

quote:
Davis took to Twitter and publically congratulated Kemp with the following Tweet: “I went to high school with the GOP guv candidate @BrianKempGA. We played YMCA ball from childhood. Politics be damned. He is a nice guy, always was. Kind to a fault. He’s a friend, always has been, and will be when we’re old(er) and grey(er). That’s how all this should work, people.”

He was right. But he didn't follow his own advice and apologized. At that point, he made himself part of the problem.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24642 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Campus Reform reported on this. Here are a couple of twitter responses to Mr. Davis' congratulatory tweet. I was listening to Rush reporting on this while I was driving. Had to turn it off after I heard these tweets

"You’re a straight white man. Of course he was nice and kind to you. Racists are generally nice to their own kind,” one user replied. “Why don’t you say what you really mean. Politics be damned. You’d never vote for a black woman and would much rather vote for the white racist.”

“It’s the definition of privilege,” another user remarked caustically. “~the dean~ has the luxury of damning politics because no politician is threatening his rights, safety, or survival; he is willing to empower those who would threaten the same of others on account of the candidate being 'nice' to him personally".

Link

Posts: 619 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The basic principle is pretty straightforward - as the man said, they'll always be offended, and often over nothing. But there are different ways this plays out, and different ways to handle this.

I was listening to Limbaugh right before I logged in, and he was talking to some guy who was describing the difference between 2016 and 2018. In 2016, he said, wearing a MAGA hat would amuse the people who knew him. In 2018, people who see him wearing a MAGA hat may respond with violence.

The first question that flashed into my mind was, "when do you want to give these clowns an opportunity to engage in street theater?" Because to these guys, you see, it is consciously and nothing but street theater. Wear a MAGA cap in a liberal neighborhood and you'll give any boneheads present a chance to impress the other boneheads with the depth of their hatred for Trump by anything from childish comments to a physical attack. If you concentrate on winning - Kavanaugh gets confirmed, more regulations get cut, some Iranian Revolutionary Guards get smoked out in the desert - you deprive the boneheads of the opportunity for street theater. Instead, the best they'll be able to do is participate in yet another largely-ignored protest.

You can sing songs all day long about this being cowardice, but I think its a natural and intelligent reaction in many ways. People have been screamed at and pushed around by liberal would-be activists for many years now, so they'll quietly vote for Trump and say nothing in public. If Trump supporters aren't making noises and Trump opponents don't have a clear target, all the opponents can do is lash out blindly in the hopes that they'll somehow magically land a punch. If the uncommitted see Trump supporters quietly going about the buisness of participating in constitutional government and Trump opponents making mindless, incoherently angry freaks of themselves, guess which way those in the middle are likely to vote this November?

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Charles Davis is a spineless weasel of a shit friend.

The only response to any flak about congratulating a friend is "Fuck you. He's my friend and I'm happy for him"

So he just apologized for having a life long friend, what a knob.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The article is spot-on.

I recently had occasion to try and tolerate a 12 year old son of a family friend. He’s just at that age where he wants to get mouthy and mess with adults. After biting my tongue for a few hours, I finally fired back some his attitude at him, gently, mind you, as I would like to continue being friends with the people raising him. He actually said he was offended and acted like it should be a show-stopper. His entire demeanor went from cocky to breathless. I shrugged and told him “nobody cares if you’re offended, especially when you’re acting in an offensive manner.” He acted like someone had slapped him. His uncle backed me up and doubled down on him, saying “life is going to be very difficult for you if you’re gonna melt when you get offended. Take your lumps like a man and move on with your life.”

This crap is getting actively programmed into the coming generations, that saying you are offended by someone should precipitate them falling all over themselves to apologize and seek your forgiveness. When guys like Davis capitulate they way he did, it only reinforces this notion. He had the perfect opportunity to be a man there, and instead, opted to act like a spineless little bitch.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I try to be courteous, open-minded, and polite, but if a liberal (or anyone else) is offended I offer them the opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of coplulative acrobatics inside a round, yeast-enriched deep fried pastry which revolves about it's central axis.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

The only response to any flak about congratulating a friend is "Fuck you. He's my friend and I'm happy for him"

That's what I thought too.

The part where he replied, "I’d like to issue an apology to anyone offended by my tweet shout out to Brian Kemp…I’ve read and learned so much from you all and will endeavor to be more thoughtful.” pretty much summed up what kind of "friend" this guy is.

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

That's what I thought too.

The part where he replied, "I’d like to issue an apology to anyone offended by my tweet shout out to Brian Kemp…I’ve read and learned so much from you all and will endeavor to be more thoughtful.” pretty much summed up what kind of "friend" this guy is.

What response could possibly have been more thoughtful than his initial comment apolitically congratulating a friend? He's a coward to backtrack on it.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Being a leftist, he thought he was relatively safe from the left.

They think their laws, rules, and general bullshit don't apply to themselves.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Someone should introduce Mr. Davis to #walkaway

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t apologize to irrational, myopic people. Never have, never will.
There has to be pushback against this special form of idiocy, otherwise it will obviously continue and worsen. These cretins are big dripping pussies and would run crying to their safe spaces if told to shut up and suck it.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the handful of the '#Walkaway' videos that I watched, the one's posted here, the person in almost everyone of them were completely shocked at the extreme level of hate and vitriol directed at them, by persons who they had considered as friends just the previous day.

The Progressives are a desicable and dangerous mob of violent statist-freak reprobates.

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post