SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is what passes for an educator these days
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what passes for an educator these days Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Above all, lazy. Before the stupidity and complete ignorance of doing such a thing is laziness on the part of this imbecile. It took no effort, no imagination to copy and paste lyrics from obscene songs. Lazy, stupid woman. How ignorant and uncultured and just plain clueless do you have to be to think that something like this is acceptable? If you're so very clueless and unimaginative, then find a job where you don't subject others to your stupidity, especially other people's children.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...d-homework/612147010

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - A DeKalb County middle school teacher is apologizing to her students and their parents after the music teacher sent 6th graders home with an assignment filled with explicit lyrics.

Parent Crishana Wright said she was outraged when she saw the assignment.

"She's not in my household. She doesn't know how we run things. So, to push something she feels is appropriate, I have a problem with that," Wright told Channel 2’s Carl Willis.

DeKalb County schools also had a problem with the assignment.

They removed Bonnecia Williams from the classroom at Mary McLeud Bethune Middle School.

Williams has issued an apology to parents that reads: "At no time should students be subjected to this type of language at impressionable ages. Regardless of my best intentions, I failed miserably. I should have used better judgment."

The assignment featured lyrics from rapper Kodak Black from a song titled "Drownin."

Students were tasked with taking expletive-laden, violent and sexually suggestive lyrics and coming up with something more positive.

I saw that, and I was like, ‘My mom would be mad,’" daughter Kalani said.

"I probably would have asked, 'What were you thinking and don't think you that's something you should have gotten permission for?' She shouldn't have handed it out anyway," Wright told Willis.

The DeKalb County Schools superintendent weighed in, calling the assignment inappropriate, unacceptable and contrary to the district's standards.

Williams continued in her apology letter: "I know this letter alone will not erase the pain that I have caused. I will make sure this does not happen again. I accept full responsibility for my actions."

"I hate that she is no longer there, or whatever the case may be, but you're dealing with children's minds and you have to be cautious," Wright said.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Bonnecia Roll Eyes

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Looks like the children learned a valuable lesson after all.

Posts: 1460 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
There are way too many similar stories across the country of these lazy, clueless, worthless "teachers". It is apparent they need an extra year or two of instruction on what is appropriate to teach - but if they don't know that what are they even doing there. Tag some of this on the "administrators" for not hiring quality teachers with a true desire to educate students with the important subjects needed in life to succeed. A lot of worthless people in the chain.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
From what I can see, it appears that most "educators" these days are more qualified to work the register at a CVS than to teach.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Totally, absolutely, positively NSFW

If there are kids around, mute and just read

Here is the song in question I believe, so you have an idea of what a teacher thought was good for little kids. The screen shot from the video probably says enough.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38247 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it safe to assume that she checks every "Must be hired" and "Can never be fired" demographic box?

Posts: 9029 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
"I accept full responsibility for my actions."

What does this mean these days?

Responsibility is what you exercise so things go well. Blame is what you get when things go badly because you acted irresponsibly.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Bunch of folks with a Ph.D. in illusionism and more graduating each day. Everywhere.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Yeah, goan get a degree coz I'm entitled and you'd better not try to stop me, you racist coz I WILL get my paper. Goan get a degree, looks good on the wall but I'm stll as ignorant as shit."

posted Hide Post
I don't know about the cashier thing. I have a retired teacher working for me. In 3 years, she has yet to submit an accurate time sheet.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, they have those new cash registers, with pictures on the buttons, so...

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'm just happy that at least some of the parents reacted negatively to the assignment.

Posts: 13596 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

It means you gotta make a twitter post along the lines of "if anyone took offense, that's not what I intended."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Lazy teacher and lazy art, and I am stretching to call Rap art!

Drift warning
We have a local station here in Houston that plays a cross-genre format of music. You will hear Rod Stewart, Der Commissar and then some Gap Band right after each other.
They play all the real hits from late 70 more 80's and some 90's. Perfect to me as I grew up listening to all music in these decades.

When I hear Marvin Gay or some of the other great Black artists I laugh at the level of Black music today which seems to be exclusively Rap. Rappers cant hold a candle to the Black artists who paved the way for them to become millionaires now! Its a shame.

Stupid teacher!

HK Ag

Posts: 3535 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

It means you gotta make a twitter post along the lines of "if anyone took offense, that's not what I intended."

She pretty much already said that.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, "I accept full responsibity for my actions" is- when it comes out of the mouth of a leftist like this ignorant "teacher"- absolutely meaningless- completely and utterly wthout any meaning. They're just mouthing or typing words in a knee-jerk fashion, because that's what you're supposed to say after you get caught. They are utterly clueless and have no honor. No honor.

JALLEN, farm animals would have a better chance of comprehending the distinction between responsibility and blame, than this woman.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

Responsibility is what you exercise so things go well. Blame is what you get when things go badly because you acted irresponsibly.

It seems to me she's not disagreeing with getting "removed from the classroom."

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
The precursors that led to this incident have been prevalent in the schools and teaching indoctrination training for some time now.

We are seeing this because someone thought it was a good idea and the kids need this to advance in academics - The NEA and MEA have been promoting this for 30 years or longer - this is never a good idea.

If we could read the whitepapers regarding how to school kids and what a bad influence parents on their kids that get presented at the annual NEA confabs, we'd be floored.

There are those who think what teachers say & do now are very progressive and giving the kids a way better way to enter the phases of their upbringing and life experience.

When the schools around us started re-naming holidays, parents hi-jacking PTA meetings with similar foolish drivel of progressivism, we home schooled both kids through high school. Both kids scored higher than needed on the ACT to enter college and one even scored high enough for a 50% tuition scholarship throughout.

The University they attended demanded a higher minimum ACT score by 3 points from home schooled kids to get accepted than what they would accept / admit from public school kids.

At least this teacher and her administrators did not try to defend this stupidity. But that teacher will likely surface somewhere else over time.

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria, Sola Scriptura

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Useless fools, the whole lot of them.

I'm glad I don't have kids because I would be in constant fear that they could become infected with the kinds of cancers that these fucks promote.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post