SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Butcher puts nude woman in his display case for 'social experiment'
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Butcher puts nude woman in his display case for 'social experiment' Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I had a hard time deciding whether to post this story or the picture at the link as a "caption this" Big Grin

A butcher in Australia is generating plenty of controversy across social media after literally treating a woman like a piece of meat.

Darren Gerrand of Lancelin in Western Australia, teamed up with photographer Kym Illman to photograph a nude woman lying alongside the meat offerings in his refrigerated display case. In the photo, the model posing is painted with lines indicating where her “flank,” “rib” or “breast” meat is located-- much like cows or chickens on a butcher chart.

Illman explained to Vice that the shoot was the brainchild of both himself and Gerrand, although the model was the one who came up with the idea for the paint lines “after she spotted a poster in the store with beef cuts marked on the cow."

The photo, which was taken in February, was first posted to the town of Lancelin’s official Facebook page last Thursday, where it was deemed “a curious sight.”

Critics, however, are calling the photo offensive and degrading to women, with one local resident claiming she’ll “never support this business again,” and another simply calling it “disgusting.”

On the other hand, many commenters took the opportunity to dissect the message of the photograph, or, in some cases, defend it.

Others merely shared jokes inspired by the post, with one writing that he “never did like parsley,” and another stating that he’d like to order “2 rump, 2 legs and 2 breast” pieces.

Illman has since told Vice that the project was simply “a great social experiment to see how people would react,” but Jasmine Sanders, an online branding expert and the CEO of Acent-cy Online Marketing, thinks it was staged purely for publicity.

Sanders told Fox News she believes the photo was likely “an appeal to get potential customers and media in the store,” and the idea to sell it “as some new social media campaign … probably worked well.”

“This type of branding stunt reminds me of something you would have seen in National Lampoon magazine,” she added.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-dr...cial-experiment.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Must have been cold in there.

Posts: 2130 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
For goodness sakes, her bits are all covered up.

Nbd, imho.

As long as they notified the public of their intent (an art exhibition or commentary) I really don't see any fuss.
But maybe that's just me.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I think they have the 'rump' misplaced......Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the Filet Mignon? Big Grin

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
How much for 5 pounds of..........nevermind.

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

Spit coffee out over that one Big Grin

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
There are certain female parts for which I have a particular fondness. But I never thought of buying them separately.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jasmine Sanders, an online branding expert and the CEO of Acent-cy Online Marketing, thinks it was staged purely for publicity.

Sanders told Fox News she believes the photo was likely “an appeal to get potential customers and media in the store,” and the idea to sell it “as some new social media campaign … probably worked well.”

“This type of branding stunt reminds me of something you would have seen in National Lampoon magazine,” she added.

Brilliant marketing!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

Or for a half-pound of parsley, even. Wink

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I'll have some sirloin and some... Aw heck, just give me the whole....

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Report This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
For goodness sakes, her bits are all covered up.

Nbd, imho.

"parsley? Nobody eats parsley"

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2077 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Report This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I've always loved a good sirloin. That looks like grade A!

Posts: 4459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Report This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Boneless sirloin please, if there is a bone in it no thanks!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Where is the Filet Mignon? Big Grin

Inside her, the psoas muscles.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
lovely display,

if he is the one that did the markings, he needs to go back into meat cutter school,
since most of the cuts wrong

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks to be a rather Fit and attractive young woman, wrap he up and I'll take her with me.

BTW, here in the US the Health Inspectors would be pitching an absolute fit.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Arby's roast beef!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Looks to be a rather Fit and attractive young woman, wrap he up and I'll take her with me.

BTW, here in the US the Health Inspectors would be pitching an absolute fit.

Ummm Dude "wrap HE up"?!?! Your Freudian slip is showing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Big Grin

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Report This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
♫♪♫ U.S. prime, grade A stamped, guaranteed ♪♫♪
♫♪♫ Grease it up and turn on the heat ♪♫♪
♫♪♫ You gotta' throw it down and roll it over once, maybe twice ♪♫♪
♫♪♫ And chow down, and down and down and down ♪♫♪

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post