SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teaching kids to beg on street corners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teaching kids to beg on street corners Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Walking in the coffee shop the other day there were a couple of girls with an absolutely beautiful array of cookies and a large lemonade dispenser with good looking lemonade. Smiling, doing a great job selling. I thought it was great, but I am trying to avoid that kinda crap.
Then a CHP officer walked up, gave them a buck of two and cruised on in to get his coffee without taking anything. Dang, why didn’t I think of that!

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw Jr ROTC in uniform begging for money yesterday on a street intersection I was driving through so they could get money to go to San Diego for something. Really bothered me that future potential members of the United States military were begging on the streets instead of doing something to earn money for their trip.

Posts: 311 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacramento Johnson:
Saw Jr ROTC in uniform begging for money yesterday on a street intersection I was driving through so they could get money to go to San Diego for something. Really bothered me that future potential members of the United States military were begging on the streets instead of doing something to earn money for their trip.

Saw this too in Vegas yesterday. They had a car wash going on one of the corners, but they were also soliciting donations. I drove on by since it was going to rain today. I usually only give to girl scouts since they have the Thin Mints. Mmm

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post