SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paya translucent body and face soap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paya translucent body and face soap Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Stayed a nice resort for a night. They had this soap. Used it mainly for handwashing. It was a bar soap. I liked it but know nothing about it. Curious if anyone uses and what the scoop is on it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19766 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Never used or heard of it, but naturally, Amazon sells it.

Paya Soap

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
From what I can google it's a line of eco-conscious bath products marketed to hotels. The name comes from papaya, a source of anti-oxidants like vitamin C and other nutrients.

It's translucent due to glycerin, which makes the soap moisturizing as opposed to regular soap which is drying.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16954 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, yes KK i think you are right about how it is marketed. I think I am going to buy some. Like I said. It seemed to be a decent soap.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19766 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
From what I can google it's a line of eco-conscious bath products marketed to hotels. The name comes from papaya, a source of anti-oxidants like vitamin C and other nutrients.

It's translucent due to glycerin, which makes the soap moisturizing as opposed to regular soap which is drying.

Papaya is delicious fruit. Shame I can’t get it as easily as I can the islands.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I think I am going to buy some. Like I said. It seemed to be a decent soap.

It is remarkable how easy it is to make your own. I've been making my own soaps for 10+ years and there's really nothing to it. In about 10-15 minutes, I can make two months worth of soap.

Find out what oils they use to make theirs, and replicate it. Scents are trickier as I try to avoid any "fragrance oils" as they are just cancer causing chemicals vs. essential oils. Unfortunately, many of the soaps that smell really good are the former, but find an essential oil (or blend) that you like and you're good.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
How, if at all, is it different from Neutrogena glycerin soap (also translucent)?

I used to use Neutrogena decades ago. Seemed good. But these days, I just use Duke Cannon, being careful not to drop the bar on my foot while in the shower.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
How, if at all, is it different from Neutrogena glycerin soap (also translucent)?

Looks like they use papaya seed oil vs. glycerin as their base. In addition there seem to be other additives that can be beneficial to the skin.

quote:
I just use Duke Cannon, being careful not to drop the bar on my foot while in the shower.

They do make a big ol' bar don't they? Big Grin

A few years back, I was doing a locums job out of town and ran out of my homemade soap. I stopped by the local hardware store that had a Duke Cannon display and I picked up a bar of their "Accomplishment" soap. Good Lord that stuff smelled good. I've tried replicating it several times with no luck.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post