SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LG dishwasher has started a high-pitched whistle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LG dishwasher has started a high-pitched whistle Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

My 2 year old LG dishwasher (model LDF7774ST) has developed a high-pitched whistle when it runs. It can be quite annoying. It's been great up to this point. Anybody know the typical cause and the possible fix? I've tried Googling it a bit and most things I've found point to a motor going bad that'll be expensive to replace. I was hoping it could be an easy fix such as cleaning something out I could do myself. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chris

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend in Customer Service sees more issues called in with LG than any other brand. They are not a best choice at all for reliability and long life.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There could be a bit of plastic or bone caught in the chopper, I had an issue with mine a while back and found both of these items in there.

You'll need to do some disassembly to get to that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPrp9kgMJls

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post