SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking at a used Volvo XC70 and need help !!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a used Volvo XC70 and need help !!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'd be looking at possibly a Ford Escape or Explorer, they're tough little SUV's and reliable.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
One time I had a car, the tires wore out, I had to change them, cost a lot of money.

I've always wanted a 2007 XC-70, the generation before that one. You can get nice 1 owner vehicles with far fewer miles (obviously going to cost more), I've been looking at this one for months. It's in Temple. https://www.autotrader.com/car...?listingId=520190388

At the time I couldn't afford one, the starting price at the time I think was within $2k of the BMW equivalent, so I got an Outback, first a '99, then a '03. I was coming from a '84 Chevy pickup, to me a wagon is far more practical and useful for things I move around, dogs, road trips etc.
Subaru headgaskets will cost as much as anything on the Volvo. When my '03 headgaskets died the second time, I sold it to a friend for $500, and bought a 2000 Forester as a stop gap for what it would have cost to fix the Outback (older but same mileage, good shape, two local owners). I like the Forester, but when it's time, I'll just throw it off a cliff.
I have a 2008 BMW 328xi wagon to replace my Outback and my old (244k miles) 325xi.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post