SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Returning rescued squirrel to the wild :) wait for it
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Returning rescued squirrel to the wild :) wait for it Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted

Posts: 1776 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! That's awesome.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Check your link.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Back to the wild it went...lol

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Standby for hurt feelings posts Wink

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Link expired

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Link expired

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ef9_1515189921

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
You can find the video on the home page. Look for rescued squirrel. Pretty funny and a great example of Mother Nature on the job.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Whoops, hope Hoss is ok!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Snacktime

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5915 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Go find the Ozzy Man Reviews version.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I hate cats.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I hate cats.

Nuclear launch initiating in 3... 2... 1...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The squirrel was obviously unprepared for the harsh realities of the world, obviously a millenial snowflake!

The one time I rescued a baby squirrel that the neighbor's dog had mauled, costing her an eye. She recovered pretty quickly, but ending the dependency was quite a concern. I'd built a nesting box with bedding in it, and an entry/exit she could use independently. Kept her in a spare bedroom for maybe 6 weeks, went from hamster-sized to about 2/3 the size of a mature squirrel during this period. I moved the whole nesting box to the carport, during the day only for a few days, then leaving it out permanently. "Blinky" started making curiosity trips out of the box the second day, but didn't move out of the box for a few weeks. She gradually got "wilder" - no longer approaching or following humans, etc.

This technique seemed to work well enough, we saw her around the house for about two years after release, and go through at least one pregnancy. Never got too shy to take a peanut from my hand or sit on my shoulder, but she didn't like being handled after a while. The dog treated her special, he'd go after every other squirrel he'd see, but he never chased Blinky.

Yes, I know it makes little sense to rescue a tree rat, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Blinky.

Posts: 6516 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Years ago one of the Jr DFs was playnging outside with his friend and their hamsters in the common grass area under a tree. Suddenly an owl swooped down and snatched his friends hamster. It flew to an adjacent tree and tore the rodent apart right in front of the boys. His friend cried while Jr DF lol'd.

Takes after his ol man Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I hate cats.

Me too!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Big Grin Rofflemao!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Fucker doesn't seem to be showing a lotta remorse.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
The people knew the cat's name. That makes it spectacular.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post