SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas Lights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Lights Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
ok, now this is really inventive - its a real set up - there are two, this one is in Peoria, IL

this took some work

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I put 6 or 7 strings of lights on a 10 foot tall spruce in the yard....and was pretty proud of myself for THAT. Not so much NOW.

Way cool though.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What no timed music and light show!

That needs simulated firing engines with rotating red dilithium crystal lights and some active firing phasers or photon torpedo lights then it'd be a next level deal!

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
was just thinking Trans Siberian Orchestra myself...

yeah, that would be pretty neat - some lasers for phasers Smile

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
ok, now this is really inventive - its a real set up - there are two, this one is in Peoria, IL

How far is that from Clark Griswold's place?

Posts: 7422 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

How far is that from Clark Griswold's place?

Are we sure it's not his place?

I wonder how long it took to set that up.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
That needs simulated firing engines with rotating red dilithium crystal lights...

I think you mean Bussard collectors. The dilithium crystals are contained in the warp core intermix chamber.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16319 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I went to engineering school with Bob Bussard...

he was 'slightly' weird

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

he was 'slightly' weird

No doubt. I’ve known several legitimate next-level type geniuses. They’ve always fit that description. Or worse.

Must have been fascinating at times, though?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16319 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

he was 'slightly' weird

Not as warped as that Cochrane guy though

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

he was 'slightly' weird

Not as warped as that Cochrane guy though

Do you think it’s too Soong to hijack the thread with ST puns?

Maybe not. I’m often wrong about such things.

-Rob

A=A

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he was never around

all Bob did was sit in the comfy chair in the engineering student lounge, drink beer and do his homework on the chalkboard

posted Hide Post
There’s a guy in my town that has an amazing display. Every year the display theme changes and you walk through his landscaped front yard path and there’s ~600,000 lights or so very nicely laid out. People line up to go through.

Posts: 4978 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post