SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who does the brain trust like for cordless phones?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who does the brain trust like for cordless phones? Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted
It’s about time to upgrade. Our Panasonics are quite old. Panasonic doesn’t even list a manual for our model anymore.
Some of you tech savvy guys chime in please. We may be missing out on some nice to have features.
We’re too old or lazy, I forget which, to run to answer the phone. So, we’d like a system with at least a half dozen instruments to scatter about the house. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Whatever brand you go with, make sure it has DECT 6.0

Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications Technology (DECT) 6.0.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Costco has a three phone system from Panasonic for $49

Link

They also have a 4 phone system with long range, Smart call blocking, robo caller detection

Vtech Link

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ Panasonic. Excellent call blocking system, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16112 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Panasonic

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
My issue is that they all come with the answering machine. Few have a need for them any longer as broadband usually features a messaging system.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We replaced our phones earlier this year with the Panasonic KX-TG744 system...3 handsets and 1 base. I got ride of our cable tv and home phone bundle at the start of this month so I now have no need for these. Just boxed them back up and put them on the shelf behind my desk last weekend. Just cover the postage and they are yours.

They did work great for us.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Avoid Vtech. Pure shit. Avoid AT&T branded since it's similar shit.

Just get another Panasonic.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10931 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
My issue is that they all come with the answering machine. Few have a need for them any longer as broadband usually features a messaging system.

My 82-year old mother just bought a Panasonic specifically for the answering machine. She has a full broadband suite, but just prefers to do some things the old-fashioned way.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16378 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the generous offer CWR67, but sweetums wants a 6 handset system, but it looks like we might have to settle for a 5 handset rig. There seems to be some hold up in availability of additional handsets.
If that’s true, we may as well stick with what we have for a little longer.
As always, thanks for the input.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I agree about Panasonic and the call blocking features.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post