SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    10 QT Rotisserie Air Fryers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 QT Rotisserie Air Fryers Login/Join 
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted
I’ve never owned one but am attracted to the idea of this healthy alternative. What do we like?

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I bought a 16 quart model from Amazon. 10 quart may do the trick for you. I found that even the 16 qt. model couldn’t cook enough for our family of 5 at one time. For example, trying to fry 5 chicken breasts at once wasn’t possible without layering on two racks leading to uneven cooking. However, 2-3 pieces at once was fine and I was impressed with the final texture of the chicken without having to cook in oil.

Michael

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Just the always lovely Mrs 12GA and I for dinner these days. I want to be able to roast a whole chicken or a pork roast on the rotisserie. What brand is desirable ?

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Big Boss brand. Definitely large enough to hold an entire chicken. However, the model I have recirculates the hot air while the item being cooked remains stationary.

Michael

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
If your oven has a convection setting, try that out with some raised roasting pans... It's essentially the same thing as an air fryer.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at a big easy roaster? Fantastic for making all kids of things

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
If your oven has a convection setting, try that out with some raised roasting pans... It's essentially the same thing as an air fryer.

Thank you. I was wondering about that. I just got a new convection oven, and have also been looking at the air fryers, since we do some oil fry cooking as well. Sure sounded like the convection oven does about the same thing, so I appreciate your input.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post