SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meleé Erupts At Minneapolis Dems' Nominating Convention
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meleé Erupts At Minneapolis Dems' Nominating Convention Login/Join 
posted
Looks like a third world country, insane asylum, and a freak show all rolled into one.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ominating-convention

A convention of Democrat city council candidates devolved into utter chaos on Saturday, prompting a police and ambulance response and the session to be shut down without finishing its business.

The convention was being held by the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party, which -- in something of an historical quirk -- is the official name of Minnesota's affiliate of the national Democratic Party.

The trouble began when incumbent Council Member Aisha Chughtai took the stage to deliver her 10-minute candidate presentation. To provide an impressive backdrop, the Chughtai campaign asked supporters to take the stage and stand behind her as she spoke.

Posts: 12680 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Wow...who would have expected that from those two groups of people. Roll Eyes

Keep pounding that gavel, dude.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

I've got 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago vibes

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They definitely brought Mogadishu politics with them.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just holy sh*t!! I have a Minneapolis overnight at the end of the month. I think I might start feeling a little ill the day before that trip starts. JSMH......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Them people insane

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Sadly that is what has become of my home state. It has become a shit hole in the metro areas.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A foreshadowing of big city politics in America in the not too distant future.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Sadly that is what has become of my home state. It has become a shit hole in the metro areas.

You are absolutely right, but which state’s metro areas aren’t shitholes?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
They say what you post on the internet is there forever. So I’ll just sit over here and zip it. It ain’t easy.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Democrat Convention this year could be a wild affair.
1968v2.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Just holy sh*t!! I have a Minneapolis overnight at the end of the month. I think I might start feeling a little ill the day before that trip starts. JSMH......

Stay across the St. Croix River in Wisconsin and commute.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wow... so much to unpack here.

Initial thought was: No Republicans or Trump supporters around? Gotta hate someone!!!!

My second thought was this is a clear example of how the left will do anything and everything to prove their point or position is more correct than anyone else. Even if it's their own party.

My final thought was the Democratic party is leading this country, the beacon of freedom, capitalism, and power into 3rd world status like a runaway freight train on a down hill grade. That event was straight out of some third world country and not what is expected here.

I hope this continues so the rest of the country can see what a bunch of petty, inept, spoiled bratty children these people really are and get fed up with it.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:

I spent nearly 30 years in the Twin Cities when Minneapolis was Mary Tyler Moore-ville. My Target store (the household goods place) sold pistols and ammo. Yeah, now shit-hole-ville.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Unfortunately, the company puts us up, but might be something to consider. Thanks for the tip…[like button]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I've seen monkey shit fights at the zoo that were more organized than this!"

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Wow... so much to unpack here.
Not really. Some things are self-evident.

Somalia is a shit hole, it's always been a shit hole and nothing and I do mean nothing can ever change it from being a shit hole.

When you carry your shit hole with you, this is what happens. Smile

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Unfortunately, the company puts us up, but might be something to consider. Thanks for the tip…[like button]

That really isn’t necessary. Don’t stay in North Minneapolis or first ring suburbs and you’ll be fine. Three million people (including my daughter and son-in-law) live in the metro and live remarkably normal lives.

Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
But…but…diversity is our strength…

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post