SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great restaurant burgers – it’s the griddle
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great restaurant burgers – it’s the griddle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
We have a 4 burner Blackstone cast iron griddle that we love ! We will even do a full on breakfast of eggs, hash browns and bacon all at the same time. Just outstanding results!

Burgers are perfect as well !

Got to use one of those a couple of weeks ago, its awesome. Good pairing with a Camp Chef burner for those group cookout needs.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Any of y’all ever work a griddle brick? LOL LMAO

Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
If you ever get a chance to watch someone who REALLY knows how to work a griddle do it. We have a old school diner in town where you can sit at the counter and watch this old gal run the breakfast griddle. She can have eight to ten separate breakfast orders on it at one time. Not only that she will be grating fresh potatoes for hash browns and casually talking to customers at the same time. And every breakfast comes off the griddle perfect and served piping hot.

It's something to watch.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

My griddle isn’t large but it’s plenty big enough for me:
Weight: 3.84 lbs
Edge to edge diameter: 9-7/8”
Flat surface diameter: ~8”

I bought it shortly after I originated this thread. It’s wrought iron rather than cast iron. Completely smooth inside and out except for a bead blast finish to hold the seasoning. Some photos…

What is that, and where can I get one? Thanks

I finally found the URL from which I bought my AUS-ION griddle:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071...64Q1PP9Y9VTB5TY4859C

It came with a bead-blast satin finish, but was unseasoned bare metal, as seen on the right in this photo. On the left is my dear old cast iron skillet:

The griddle is well seasoned now though:

The Blackstone smash burger tool guarantees that my burger patties are pressed hard onto griddle surface and are formed to the same thickness every time. I used the AUS-ION griddle and Blackstone tool to make this burger:

A similar smashing tool is used at the SmashBurger restaurants. Seen at 0:42 in this 1:56 YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/8E__VJM_AUw

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8974 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thank you Sir, much appreciated ^^^^

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've been broiling ours for 15 years with excellent results.

About the only one that does it better is Culver's.
Ours are $2.35
Theirs are $6.25

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Yup, this is where I cook all our burgers.

Yep, I just bought one of these. Amazing for breakfast, burgers, or anything else you’d cook in a pan. Walmart Carries them.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4232 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Look at you rich people eating burgers these days Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Look at you rich people eating burgers these days Wink
I was thinking that I might splurge and buy some ground beef this weekend. Couple burgers, and maybe some meatloaf for later in the week. I'll have to check, but I think Publix has a sale for larger packages (three pound minimum).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I was planning on grilling burgers for the extended family this weekend on the Kamado. I now have a Lodge cast iron griddle on the way that will fit on the Kamado.

Get the Blackstone spatula set from Wal Mart.

They are amazing.

I use 2 stainless flat trowels from the hardware store, cheap and great for working the griddle.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post