SIGforum
Daughters boyfriend leaves for boot camp monday.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3390047264

November 03, 2019, 01:52 AM
XLT
Daughters boyfriend leaves for boot camp monday.
23 years old has a great job, treats my daughter great, just an all around good person. Decided he wanted to go into the marine reserves. At first we are all like what ?? but after he explained it has been something he has always wanted to do we all backed him up 100 percent.

The wife and I are like nervous for him, it's been kind of weird. Wife cooked him a great big dinner, favorite pie e.t.c. he knows it's going to be tough and has done his best to prepare for it.

I'm sure my daughter is going to be a wreck for awhile but she is going to college and has a great job to keep her busy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,
November 03, 2019, 01:29 AM
LS1 GTO
A. He's not married to your daughters and,
B. How many daughters (Wink) know this guy? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

November 03, 2019, 04:44 AM
kramden
Good for him. Thank you!
November 03, 2019, 11:43 AM
drill sgt
thank him for his decision fROM a VIET NAM ERA ARMY VETERAN.... " SEMPER FI " .
November 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
RogueJSK
Cue Jody to come sniffing around in 3... 2... 1... Big Grin
November 03, 2019, 01:49 PM
BamaJeepster
Good on him!

Funny, today we stopped to pick up a bite for lunch after grocery shopping and while waiting in line we saw the recruiting center across the way. A van was out front obviously loading up some new recruits to take them to the airport. Several family members standing around saying goodbye. I smiled thinking about how their lives will never be the same and hoped they had someone in their family give them a heads up on what they were getting into! Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
November 03, 2019, 02:12 PM
83v45magna
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Big Grin
That made me laugh out loud.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11
November 03, 2019, 02:22 PM
RHINOWSO

November 03, 2019, 10:22 PM
mo4040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm7WI-0Xxs0

November 04, 2019, 10:53 AM
limblessbiff
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Big Grin
That made me laugh out loud.

Me too until I remembered just how real that asshole Jody is
November 04, 2019, 02:14 PM
CPD SIG
I'd like to congratulate you on raising your daughter well, and her choice in men.

If your daughter is worried about this next chapter of her boyfriend's life, tell her to look at it like this-
Marine Corps Reserves
It's like 12 weeks of summer camp! Wink
He'll come back in good shape, probably a nice tan, saying "sir/ma'am" to everyone, and a pretty cool (and low maintenance) haircut. Did I mention a really cool new set of clothes! Especially the Blue one!

Then it's off to MOS school (any idea of what his MOS is going to be?), more fun and games at camp. Hell, there's even "Camp" in the name- Camp LeJeune, Camp Pendelton... Then there's 29 Palms! What isn't cool about a place called 29 Palms?!?!

After that, it's one weekend a month, and two weeks out of the year.

Tell her to watch the movie "Stripes" a few times.
(STAY AWAY FROM FULL METAL JACKET! That's a no-no for about the next 6 months!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
November 04, 2019, 05:01 PM
jhe888
Good for him! Cheers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
November 04, 2019, 05:59 PM
CD228
Tell him that if he doesn't write regularly, you'll start sending him "care" packages.
November 04, 2019, 07:05 PM
XLT
Thanks everyone, the crying has started, wife and I figured the next few days are going to be rough on her, these two are always together. We plan on going down to camp pendelton to watch the graduation.

Here is a picture of them at the birthday and going away party. honestly going to be a bit lonely around here with out him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,
November 04, 2019, 07:10 PM
erj_pilot
Congrats to EVERYONE!! It’s really neat he’ll have your full support...two thumbs up.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
November 04, 2019, 09:03 PM
CPD SIG
He’ll graduate Boot Camp from MCRD San Diego if he’s west coast. Not hard to find, it’s right next door to the airport.

DO NOT go to 29 Palms! I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. (Don’t let your daughter read that part!)

Reassure your daughter that he’s going to be OK, and make it out alive, and not to answer the door if Jody comes a knockin!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
November 04, 2019, 09:22 PM
XLT
I stand corrected its Camp Pendleton. And I will answer the door if Jody comes a knockin. Smile
November 04, 2019, 10:28 PM
houndawg
If you go to Camp Pendleton to see him graduate, you'll miss the graduation. He won't graduate boot camp at Pendleton. It'll be at MCRD San Diego.
November 04, 2019, 11:21 PM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
If you go to Camp Pendleton to see him graduate, you'll miss the graduation. He won't graduate boot camp at Pendleton. It'll be at MCRD San Diego.

O.k. it's pretty obvious I'm new to all of this. Big Grin
November 04, 2019, 11:25 PM
Aeteocles
They make a handsome couple.