SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nutritionists.....Please step in!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nutritionists.....Please step in! Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Hey all,

Anyone that's a nutritionist or in the field of study, I need assistance...

Here's the deal...60-years old. Still VERY active in tennis. I've lost 28 lbs. by mostly intermittent fasting, but I don't go overboard with it. I got my eating schedule all mixed up yesterday, and when I went to play tennis this morning, I had ZERO energy.

So yesterday, I ate a full meal around 2:00 PM. I had a few pieces of toast around 8:00 PM last night because I wasn't really hungry, but wanted something. I got up this morning and didn't eat before playing a 2-hour match. I had ZERO energy and just wasn't running down balls like I normally do. So here's my question:

If I know I'm going to play tennis in the next 18 to 24 hours, what would be an eating schedule to adhere to and what would be good to eat the night and morning before playing? And if I'm playing in the evening, what would be good to eat (and when) before the evening match?

Thank you kindly!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post