SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A question about the Chrome browser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question about the Chrome browser Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Sometimes Firefox gives me a great big "nuh-uh" on loading images. When that happens, I switch over to Chrome and all seems well.

The thing I notice on Chrome is that the backspace key doesn't work as the "go back" button like it does in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Am I overlooking a setting somewhere, or does Chrome just not do that?

Thanks, all.

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The alt + the left arrow key combination works as the go back button.
If I recall, it works with all the major browsers.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
True! Alt + left arrow does work as the go-back in all three mentioned.

It just seemed odd to me that the backspace doesn't perform that function in Chrome. I guess it's not as much a "standard" as I thought.

- - - - - - -

ETA: Looks like there's an add-in for that.

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Google disabled the "backspace key" as a "go back" function in early 2016.

Yeah, it annoyed the crap outta me for a while.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post