SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anonymous Google "Anti-Diversity Screed" goes viral inside Google. UPDATE: He's outta there! So much for diversity.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anonymous Google "Anti-Diversity Screed" goes viral inside Google. UPDATE: He's outta there! So much for diversity. Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Gear.Up: Thanks very much for finding the original thread and updating it. The wheels of justice grind slowly indeed.
Interesting that this case is entering discovery just when the Trump administration at DOJ and FTC are beginning to build antitrust cases for tech giants.
I would shed no tears for Google, Facebook or Twitter if they were to disappear.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
So the company that buys, sells, trades, and otherwise uses our confidential information ...

Here's how to stop them from doing that: Stop using Google products and services. Voilà!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
So the company that buys, sells, trades, and otherwise uses our confidential information ...

Here's how to stop them from doing that: Stop using Google products and services. Voilà!

I think you'd damn near have to stop breathing to accomplish that.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I understand Alphabet and Google have hired Platte River Networks to assist in finding and archiving relevant documents.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:
quote:

I think you'd damn near have to stop breathing to accomplish that.

Not really.

The only fly in the ointment I've found so far is YouTube. And I use that only anonymously.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I understand Alphabet and Google have hired Platte River Networks to assist in finding and archiving relevant documents.

Wait... what? The company that was founded on a search engine... can't find documents in their own systems???

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wait... what? The company that was founded on a search engine... can't find documents in their own systems???

======= < the joke > =====>

_____< your head >______

Platte River Networks

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t it Platte River Networks that the Harpy from Hades used to help her find her yoga emails?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Did not read the article but, I agree that men and women are different. I have worked since I was 8 years old, with both sexes....they are different. I have gone to school with both....they are different.
I have taught adult education after retiring..we had both men and women in my classes....they are different. This is just in my humble opinion.

Been my experience through 70 years of my 81 year life.

For the morons who cannot grasp the concept of differences between males and females, they really need to get a life. More education will not help the terminally stupid.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Back in about 1981 I was a line manager at IBM Poughkeepsie. One of my peer managers had a major problem with a black female employee. She intentionally destroyed a couple million dollars of critical circuitry. He asked at our next management meeting how he should deal with it. After a few minutes of humma humma I suggested the proper thing to do was to fire her. 2nd line manager agreed, as did 3 and 4 line.

Personnel proceeded to tell the manager that he could not fire her. Why? because personnel said that the last 3 people fired were black females. Out of some 16000 employees.

My suggestion to him was to tell personnel that she was fired, and if they didn't want her fired simply transfer her to personnel.

He did so, and the idiot female was gone that day. Make the assholes live with their silliness and they will change.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

_____< your head >______

Platte River Networks

The joke presumes one knows who Platte River Networks is. Guess I wasn't paying attention closely enough at the time, because the name doesn't even ring a faint bell. *shrug*

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

_____< your head >______

Platte River Networks

The joke presumes one knows who Platte River Networks is. Guess I wasn't paying attention closely enough at the time, because the name doesn't even ring a faint bell. *shrug*

It would have been a better joke if he'd told you to Google it.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post