SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    who is the lucky Sig Forum member in Ohio that won the lottery ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who is the lucky Sig Forum member in Ohio that won the lottery ? Login/Join 
posted
A lucky Mega Millions ticket holder will be celebrating a most amazing holiday season in 2019!

A single ticket sold in Ohio matched all six numbers drawn Tuesday night to win the $375 million jackpot ($253.5 million cash).

The final jackpot amount was adjusted upwards based on actual sales, and is the 14th largest prize in the history of the game.

check your tickets folks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you really think I would tell you if it was me? Hell no, I'd looking for a lawyer to help me out before anyone knew!! Even my wife, if I could contain myself (probably not)

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dang. Missed it by only six numbers...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44441 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
A lot of Sigs to be bought in Ohio.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Wish I could tell you it was me!

Missed it by not knowing how to buy a ticket!

I asked my sister since she lives near Mentor. She said it wasn’t her.

Dang

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8146 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Not me, never bought a lottery ticket in my life.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1116 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Me neither.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5714 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can sell you Wednesdays cheap.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I don't believe in gambling. I might lose. I consider lottery tickets to be gambling. My wife kind of likes it, but she had a favored aunt who lived in Vegas. When she was young, she'd go visit for the summers. I had no idea drug stores and grocery stores had slot machines. Wouldn't matter to me. I'm too cheap.

Besides, from what I've read, lottery winners end up being losers. Most get divorced (not the worst thing I guess), many get so much money they end up bankrupt. No money handling skills at all. All the gamblers dream of what they'd do if they win. But they don't tell you about income taxes. And all the scum bags who come calling and demand you donate to their worthy cause.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
That town is about 20 minutes from me. That’s where I lived prior to moving here. Hoping a relative bought it. Sure wasn’t me.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not me although I wish I could say it was. Winner is from Mentor, Ohio and I'm pretty south of there.
I've played a few times but it's very rare. Maybe 2x a year and that's it. Usually when the jackpot is pretty high I'll throw a few bucks at it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I look at the lottery as voluntary taxation. Thanks to all you participants.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5714 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Certainly was not me. I quit playing all lottery games since hitting top prize on the Powerball a few years ago.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I look at the lottery as voluntary taxation.

^^^^ This.

Plus, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any.

Posts: 9245 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taking a quick look into the future of the winner, I foresee some painful stupidity and horrible decision making, mixed in with divorce, drug addiction, tax evasion and maybe even a murder or two. At least that's the forecast for the average big lottery winner.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3629 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I don't believe in gambling. I might lose. I consider lottery tickets to be gambling. My wife kind of likes it, but she had a favored aunt who lived in Vegas.

When you buy a lottery ticket, you're paying for a fantasy of sudden wealth, kind of like getting a wish from a Jeannie out of a bottle. Yeah, I know. Somebodies got to win. But it's not going to be you (or me). A few times a year I might spent one or two dollars on a lottery ticket to have this fantasy. And I do mean $1 or $2. Never any more. That's a harmless and cheap entertainment expense for the fantasy. But what I don't understand is these people who spend $50 or $100 on lottery tickets, and they aren't part of a pool. Seems foolish to me. Plus these people think that spending all the money makes it more likely that they are going to win. Well, maybe. But they forget that each individual ticket has the same million to one chance of winning. Buying more tickets doesn't change the astronomical odds of winning on each ticket.

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I won ten bucks off of a ticket somebody gave me for Christmas.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I won ten bucks off of a ticket somebody gave me for Christmas.

We always buy 2-3 $2 scratch offs for each adult in the family. We still do stocking stuffers. I did win $40 last year. It’s just for fun and laughs.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post