SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a lidded container for cleaning solution…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a lidded container for cleaning solution… Login/Join 
Picture of m1009
posted
Ok, question for you all. Want to start keeping some cleaning solution in a smallish size container that I can keep lidded when not using, something big enough I can swish the pistol, parts in, pull out, dry off, etc. not quite sure where to find something like that. Maybe 12-16 inches deep, so have room below the top, and enough width and length to be able to get my hand and items in to move around. And of course, a secure lid when I’m done. Anybody have suggestions on what, where I can find something like that? Looked on Amazon, and general search, just didn’t see anything that jumped out at me. Maybe a bucket, but not as deep as a 5 gal one I think. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We used to use a 50 cal can half full of CLP for when we got the guns back from a boarding.

Clear the weapon
Wash with fresh water
Pressured Air
Soak in aforementioned can of oil
Drain

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Do some searching on "carburetor cleaning baskets", they seem to have paint can lids though, not sure how many times they can be resealed. If you can find something like that with a reusable lid, probably be better.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Did some more searching, and found a smaller bucket, and they sell a lid adaptor, to make it a screw on lid. Might go that route. Just had to find the right search phrase to see it. The lid adaptors are for different size buckets too, as long as opening dimension is the same, so at least I have an idea now.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Where y'at? No location in your profile. I have some containers with lids that I received cleaning products in, yours for the asking if you can pick up in Central Florida, but not worth the cost of shipping.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30703 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Home Depot and Lowes have paint cans with lids
for storing paint.

they would definitely work.

Different sizes.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Where y'at? No location in your profile. I have some containers with lids that I received cleaning products in, yours for the asking if you can pick up in Central Florida, but not worth the cost of shipping.

Thanks,V-Tail, very kind of you to offer but we are too far away, lol. Big Grin Northern indiana. We did find a lid that will work with a bucket we already had, just snaps on and then the actual lid screws on.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
Home Depot and Lowes have paint cans with lids
for storing paint.

they would definitely work.

Different sizes.

I was going to suggest a paint can as well. Perhaps a plastic one, if you can find it, so it would be non-marring.

Posts: 6372 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.uline.com/
Their catalog is awesome . I always find something I just can't live without .. Big Grin

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might consider one of the screw on lids for 3.5 and 5 gallon buckets... Gamma2 is one brand.

Posts: 343 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post