SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rossi M851 opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi M851 opinions Login/Join 
posted
I have a Rossi in my sights(lol) anybody have any input on this wheel gun? Serial # comes up 1990 S/S 4" barrel. Looks to be clean from photo's.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
In general Rossi opinions would be low, as the price should be.

I’ll say it depends on the price, then intended use. If the price was right, I’d gladly buy a High-Point.

https://www.guns.com/news/review/rossi-357-magnum

In general, guns last longer with fewer rounds fired. Also, 38 spcl is easier on a gun than max 357 mag loads. A ‘safe queen’ about never has a problem. This brings us back to intended use.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sour, It's a 38 and I did some research about them myself, seem to be an ok revolver and price is good. Was just wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences with them?

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine it will go bang when you pull the heavy trigger. But why ? Buds has Ruger security six trade ins for 450$. In 357. Or if you want a Smith get a smith, not a knock off smith. The price needs to be next to free.

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not particularly well made or durable revolvers in my experience. And pretty much no aftermarket parts or factory warranty service. Admittedly my experience with them was 40 years ago. When I bought one, a new Rossi cost about the same as a well used cop trade-in S&W, and wasn’t half as good.

If you want a revolver to use regularly I’d avoid Rossi.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post