SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    dave7378’s safe return flight-a related anecdote
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dave7378’s safe return flight-a related anecdote Login/Join 
posted
With the resolution of dave7378’s issues and the ability of the forum to now add lighthearted comments (inflight movies choices-Les Mis/Midnight Express), I was reminded of an experience on a return flight from Germany I once had.
In the early ‘80s, I had a work assignment in the Düsseldorf Germany area. I booked my return flight on Lufthansa back to Tulsa via JFK. Ended up on a bargain flight, was actually a noisy 707 instead of the 747 I came over on. Anyway with the smaller cabin there were more opportunities for conversations with someone other than your seatmate. One passenger in his twenties or so was particularly animated and chatty. His suit of clothing was vaguely ‘70ish disco style. He chatted everyone up, me when he heard I was from Tulsa. “I have friends in Tulsa”, etc. my take on him and his demeanor was to joke to myself, that he acted like he had just been released from a Turkish prison.
Sure enough when we landed at JFK, I walked out behind him on the jetway. As we headed towards Customs, our friend was met by two uniformed police officers. Or rather he was expecting them to be there for him, not much ceremony or you’re under arrest, etc., they all just walked off together. Eek

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post