SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car repair help in Elmsford NY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car repair help in Elmsford NY Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted
Hey folks a little favor to ask. My daughters exhaust pipe in front of the cat converter broke. ( 2006 Toyota Matrix). She rolled into a shop and they want to cut and weld a new front pipe ($30 or so on eBay) and use the same converter for $350. Rock Auto and other places on eBay want $200 or less for the entire pipe and cat assembly from front to back. I realize these places need to make money, but dayuum. I realize it will take a couple hours.

Any body out there know of an honest place nearby that she might go to??

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have someone in Yonkers, if that works for you.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
She said she’s close to Yonkers. It would be good

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you need a second option my dad lives in Peekskill and uses a shop he trusts there. The shop's owner helped to nurse along his '03 or so Avalon for many years at reasonable prices.

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J & L Auto & Tire Center
58 NY-59, Nyack, NY 10960
Across the bridge on the Rockland side. 2nd exit off the bridge

Posts: 695 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
BBMW and Cookster, please give me the name of your preferred shops ( and location or city) and I will send her there for diagnosis.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
http://sunocoyonkers.com/

My car was in there last week for routine maintenance. My sister lives in Yonkers and he's her go to mechanic. My sister has a Scion, so he knows his way around Toyota. The guy who owns the place is Kevin Hughes.

Right on the Deagan west service road across from the racetrack.

quote:
Originally posted by greco:
BBMW and Cookster, please give me the name of your preferred shops ( and location or city) and I will send her there for diagnosis.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Thank you gents. This be a big help. We’re not looking for the cheapest. Just a good honest repair. She is willing to pay what the job is worth. I feel more comfortable with your recommendations rather than her blundering around. I am grateful for you taking the time out of your day to help.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:

American Cycle & Tire

(914) 739-7533

The owner, David, will know my dad, Jack Cook.

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Check your email.

Posts: 6960 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post