SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just Received a Knife from Sybo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Received a Knife from Sybo Login/Join 
Picture of arflattop
posted
And it is beautiful! Pictures don't do it justice, but the knife is flawless and built like a tank. This will be a prized possession for generations. Thanks again, Jim!

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
That's one great looking knife!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
That's a fine looking blade!

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knife! What can you tell us about it? Length? What steel?

Posts: 2589 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
Beauty!

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
Beautiful knife! What can you tell us about it? Length? What steel?

This. I'm curious about the steel as well. Gorgeous workmanship.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
The steel is CPM-154 professionally hardened to 60. Taken from 120 grit to 1000 then a little massage on the buffing wheel! This is a "Semi" stainless steel that is worry free as long as it is not totally neglected. It holds an edge SUPER well as is extremely tough. I also use 01 tool, and CPM 3V. This was a really fun knife to make and almost wanted to keep it for myself, like I need another! I'm so pleased you are happy Sir!
Jim
Dragons Breath Knives

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
WOW! Eek

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34393 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We (me and my dad) have some knives made by Sybo as well, they are great.

the one made for me gets used HARD, and hasnt shown a bit of weakness, its probably going to last my whole life. Its going with me on my move to Alaska this summer.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
That is gorgeous. What are the serrations on the top of the blade by the handle, is that like a thumb rest?

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5178 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant to post something as well after I received mine. It turned out great and I love it. Very nice knife, and incidentally looks very similar to the one pictured above.

quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
The steel is CPM-154 professionally hardened to 60. Taken from 120 grit to 1000 then a little massage on the buffing wheel! This is a "Semi" stainless steel that is worry free as long as it is not totally neglected. It holds an edge SUPER well as is extremely tough. I also use 01 tool, and CPM 3V. This was a really fun knife to make and almost wanted to keep it for myself, like I need another! I'm so pleased you are happy Sir!
Jim
Dragons Breath Knives

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
The serrations on the spine of the blade are known as "jimping", not only for decoration but also for thumb placement and stability!! Done with small files!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Do you have a website? I Googled "Dragons Breath Knives" and got some outfit in Connecticut.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Pm sent!!

posted Hide Post
Very nice

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,

You should have a website, you have a large enough body of work and a wide variety of designs. It would be cool to see a website.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I'm actually gonna look into it!! Thanks!!