SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another electrical circuit question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another electrical circuit question Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted
I mentioned previously that my son bought a house built in the mid 1960's. When you turn on the light switch for the small bedroom or the basement, there is a delay of 1-2 seconds before light comes on. Ive never seen this before. It is wired in 14 ga. ROMEX, and the outlets and other electrical fixtures seem pretty recent. Any ideas? Suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
is it a led lamp ? My kitchen retrofit to LED has that sort of a delay .

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Posts: 550 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dad250:
is it a led lamp ? My kitchen retrofit to LED has that sort of a delay .
Most of the original CFL's were like that too. If incandescent bulbs are doing that, it would be beyond strange. Anything special about the switches themselves?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
If the bulbs are incandescent, you’ve got a loose connection, bad fixture or bad switch. Old switches will do that sometimes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PowerSurge,

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3979 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses. The whole house is LED. Now I have some peace of mind that the place won’t burn down.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
Thank you for the responses. The whole house is LED. Now I have some peace of mind that the place won’t burn down.

Try switching the bulb with another location and see if problem continues, if does toss lamp, if it doesn't then call electrician. There is no reason this should be happening.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20841 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Swap the switch

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post