SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Zwei Meisterwerke aus Deutschland **update P2**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zwei Meisterwerke aus Deutschland **update P2** Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Zwei Meisterwerke aus Deutschland.

(Two Masterpieces from Germany)

One of the best CCWs ever made (my personal favorite) and arguably THE best watch ever made. The P2000SK chambered in 357Sig doesn’t need any introduction here.

The Sinn Arktis II is one of the most interesting watches to come out of Germany in a long time. It can handle both extreme cold and incredibly hot environments thanks to a gas mixture inside the watch case. It also has a moisture indicator vial inside the watch similar to those white markers inside an IPhone that indicates water intrusion.

Sinn used to use Argon gas inside the case of the first generation Arktis hence the red “Ar” on the dial that was thankfully retained for the second generation although Sinn uses a different gas mixture inside the Arktis II.

It’s the ultimate tool watch that is kinda fancy looking from a German brand that is known primarily for building tough as nails tool watches. It is powered by the workhorse Valjoux 7750 Automatic mechanical movement and thankfully picked up a domed sapphire display case back which gives new meaning to the term “double dome sapphire” as both the crystal and case back have a slight dome to the sapphire.

I got my grail watch!

It looks pretty good with a Walther too. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Far fig noogin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wunderbar!

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I don’t wear watches anymore but I do have and carry a .357 sig p2000sk

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Finally sold this one to fund my latest Rolex, but I love Sinns.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Fantastisch!

All three German pieces are very nice.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Ausgezeichnet!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Schön!!!!!!

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Geil!

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

It’s the ultimate tool watch that is kinda fancy looking from a German brand that is known primarily for building tough as nails tool watches. It is powered by the workhorse Valjoux 7750 Automatic mechanical movement and thankfully picked up a domed sapphire display case back which gives new meaning to the term “double dome sapphire” as both the crystal and case back have a slight dome to the sapphire.

I got my grail watch!

The HK P2000SK has been on my radar for the last few years as a contender. I haven't held one, let alone shoot one, but I'm interested in it.

But now you say Sinn is a tool watch. I had heard of and seen a few of them but didn't know anything about them and, up until your post, I thought they were, as you noted, a "kinda fancy looking" watch.

I'd like to get a good tool watch one day, have been reading up on and admiring various Marathon watches but, up until your post, I had dismissed Sinn as a fancy luxury watch. I might have to give them a look see.

I gotta admit, that Arktis II of yours is a sharp looking chrono, and nicer looking than some of the other Sinns I've seen photos of.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Sinn's US distributor is watchbuys.com. No other way to buy them new in the US. However, if you go to Germany, you can save a few bucks by buying there and getting the VAT refund when you leave. They have ADs all over Germany and their factory store in Frankfurt is totally awesome.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! I took off my watch (inexpensive) the day I fully retired and have not worn one since. I rely on clocks located around my house and in my car.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Awesome, congrats! Love the Arktis II, I may very well get one at some point. A Sinn is definitely on the list some day.

MDS, Sinn may look like a luxury watch, but many of their models are built hell-for-stout. Definitely give them a look!

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Sinn's US distributor is watchbuys.com. No other way to buy them new in the US. However, if you go to Germany, you can save a few bucks by buying there and getting the VAT refund when you leave. They have ADs all over Germany and their factory store in Frankfurt is totally awesome.

I had read about this and even considered having a good friend of mine who recently moved home to Germany help me acquire one in Germany. I’d LOVE to visit their factory/boutique in Frankfurt. If I am ever in that area I’ll definitely pay them a visit.

As luck would have it my patience paid off and after about a year and a half of looking I found a minty NIB Arktis II for almost half of what they sell for brand new. Since buying a new one wasn’t exactly an option either (they were sold out) it seemed like the best option.

My expectations were pretty damn high with Sinn. To my pleasure the Sinn Arktis II fully lived up to my sky high expectations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Modern Day Savage,

When I think tough Sinn tool watch the “U” series, especially the blacked out U50 fully tegimented stealthy masterpiece and the Sinn 103 Chronograph come to mind.

Those were the two models I was seriously considering until I saw the Arktis II.

The iconic and often copied hands on the U50 along with the DLC (I am assuming) finishing should make for one tough as hell watch. The red and white hands on this watch are one of my all time favorites from Sinn.

Sinn has a few 103 Chronographs that I find quite tempting. Thin, (for a chronograph) small 41mm case, easy to read Flieger style dial, German build quality paired with a fantastic Swiss automatic mechanical movement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
I am wearing a P2000SK in a new G Code Eclipse holster as we speak. It doesn't carry as small as my 365 but I love the gun. It is one of those guns that shoots better than you would think. Small gun, grip, yet it is easy to shoot as well and sometimes better than its bigger kin. Don't hesitate if you find one just buy it. Mine is a LEM which I find to be about perfect for my style of carry (appendix).

Nice watch.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Very, VERY, nice watch!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking watch Stickman and to be honest I never heard of Sinn Arktis?
I put my watch away years back and haven't worn it since because it's unnecessary for me.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7078 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
That's a nice looking watch Stickman and to be honest I never heard of Sinn Arktis?
I put my watch away years back and haven't worn it since because it's unnecessary for me.

It’s definitely a looker. Cool I’ve sort of gone the opposite direction, as I honestly have little need for a wristwatch for day to day activities….but I own a few watches.

For me it’s more of an admiration for the intricate mechanical engineering involved. It was also easy to be drawn in by the truly fascinating stories behind some of the movements that keeps my interest in watches going.

Owning a Sinn is like owning a master shop Sig pistol or top shelf custom 1911. You get the perfect blend of boutique materials with tough as nails functionality.

I own a lot of chronographs (though I have been whittling down my watch collection quite a bit) and my Sinn is one of the few that clicks over to a new day right at midnight. Right on the money. The crown also has an “S” that when tightened down all the way aligns perfectly with the case. I probably got lucky with that (Rolex doesn’t do this as far as I am aware) but the small minor details that are all on point make owning such a magnificent watch even better.

The Valjoux 7750 movement in the Sinn Arktis will occasionally “spool up” and spin quickly from time to time. This quirk is due to its unidirectional winding and people tend to love it or hate it. I love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~