SIGforum
Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3310058894

March 29, 2023, 04:21 PM
tacfoley
Our Injured Dachshund Would Appreciate Your Kind Thoughts - Ollie - UPDATE on pg 6
Bless.

tac and Mrs tac.
March 29, 2023, 04:24 PM
spunk639
Good job Ollie!!!
April 08, 2023, 09:11 AM
h2oys
UPDATE

We had a great follow up visit last Friday at the MU Vet Clinic. They are very impressed with his progress. He’s had 4/10 PT visits and does water tank treadmill exercises.

We just came back from a walk and he does well but still stumbles sometimes.

Yesterday while I was doing yard work, instead of helping me, he took a little siesta:

Things are looking up!
April 08, 2023, 09:28 AM
Beancooker
Great news. I’m happy to hear he’s doing better.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
April 08, 2023, 09:30 AM
Dakor
So glad to hear he's doing well. Looks like he's catching some rays with that belly!
April 08, 2023, 09:37 AM
old rugged cross
That is so great. So happy to hear of his positive progress. Keep it up Ollie! May God continue to bless you all.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
April 08, 2023, 09:39 AM
straightshooter1
I am so glad he's doing better. We love dogs here at our house (cats not so much-though we had a good one a few years ago).

Bob
April 08, 2023, 10:24 AM
TMats
That looks like a picture of a dog well on the road to recovery. Good deal

April 08, 2023, 10:47 AM
erj_pilot
Ripe for head scratches and belly rubs!!! Good news!! Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
April 08, 2023, 10:53 AM
Bytes
I'm very happy for your pup. He's a cutie for sure.
April 08, 2023, 11:02 AM
chellim1
quote:
We had a great follow up visit last Friday at the MU Vet Clinic. They are very impressed with his progress.

h2oys, that's awesome!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
April 08, 2023, 12:12 PM
clubleaf206
Keep up the good work, Ollie!

April 08, 2023, 12:20 PM
Patrick-SP2022

Charlie, Molly, and Katie want to know if Ollie can come out and play.

April 08, 2023, 12:23 PM
flashguy
Good news, indeed! Glad to hear Ollie is improving.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
April 21, 2023, 09:11 AM
Sig Marine
How about an Ollie update. Your last post indicated he was doing well with his therapy and recovery; has his improvement continued?

Hope he’s doing well…

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know
April 21, 2023, 09:53 AM
mike28w
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
How about an Ollie update. Your last post indicated he was doing well with his therapy and recovery; has his improvement continued?

Hope he’s doing well…

Yeah, I know, "it's a HIPPA thing".... but now we're "family" and need to know !! Big Grin

Sure hope he's doing well! Still thinking of him! Big Grin
April 22, 2023, 06:40 AM
h2oys
Thanks for asking.

Ollie is doing very well. His rear legs are regaining muscle mass and his front legs are a little further behind.

We paid for a 10 visit PT package and he’s been 8 times so far. He does 30 minutes of walking in the tread mill water tank and then 10 minutes on the sloped “dry” treadmill.

Around the house he does great in the grass and on concrete he tends to drag his nails on the forward stroke.

I wish I knew how to post a video to share.

Regardless he’s getting much better given the fact presurgery he completely lost the use of all 4 legs!!! Smile
May 21, 2023, 06:31 PM
Patrick-SP2022
How is Ollie doing? It’s been about a month since he has checked in. Smile

May 22, 2023, 07:39 AM
h2oys
^^^thanks for asking.

Ollie is doing well and it’s hard to believe he couldn’t use any of his 4 legs.

He’s about 90% recovered. It could take another 10 months to recapture the last 10% or he’s already plateaued.

Either way he’s back to his happy go lucky self!
May 22, 2023, 08:30 AM
Expert308
That's great news! It's been a long three months for him and for you as well. I'm glad he's feeling better and hope he continues to improve.