SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Resetting Zurich ZR11S (Innova 5310) Scanner Tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resetting Zurich ZR11S (Innova 5310) Scanner Tool Login/Join 
posted
I would like to pick the Sigforum collective mind. I have one of the ZR11s/Innova 5310 car scan tools and want to completely clear out the information as I want to upgrade. I cannot find anything online (I'll admit my google fu may be weak). Do any of you know how to completely erase the information and set it back to the factory settings? Thank you in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: am94pm,

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Clearing the info in the scanner, Innova is the go to, and if it's hard coded on the chip, not happening.

It limits updates when they do that and they get to sell a new scanner with just the last ten years ability. Lots of scanners from pre 98 aren't relevant anymore. Churns their market.

If the car needs memory cleared, most will do so by pulling the positive cable off the battery, BMW's and Mercedes Benz will lose ALL their programming and it's $450 dealer to reprogram. Cars are not getting user friendly.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:

If the car needs memory cleared, most will do so by pulling the positive cable off the battery, BMW's and Mercedes Benz will lose ALL their programming and it's $450 dealer to reprogram. Cars are not getting user friendly.

I gotta ask. How do you replace a battery in a BMW or Mercedes without incurring that $450 fee?

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Cars have lots of computers and they all talk to each other now. Makes it difficult for DIY people for sure. Used to plug a battery saver into the cigarette lighter to save the memory but no lighters on cars now.

I did swap the battery in my wife's MB GLE350 with no problems and no external power source.

I keep a few tools in my kit for many of the dealer service functions that you normally have to bring it in for. Requires me to invest some cash for them but they usually pay for themselves within a few years. And I LOATHE going to the dealer for anything.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:

I gotta ask. How do you replace a battery in a BMW or Mercedes without incurring that $450 fee?
You hook up a temporary alternate source of 12V power. Many of these are intended to attach through what use to be called the cigar lighter socket, now usually called the aux. power socket. I don't know if an ordinary USB power bank can be adapted to this use, and I'm sure the various makes and models of car have specs. for minimum amps, etc. At the least, I'd expect that a loaner battery, and a set of jumper cables would do the job.

When I asked the guy at AutoZone who helped replace the battery I put in the wife's Outback, I asked him if he had a device of that ilk. "Yep, back in the store," he said then, "but it's too late for that" as he pulled the terminal off the old battery. Thanks, dude.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tirod. I want to erase my VIN#s out before I sell it and so far I cannot find any info on how to do it.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:

You hook up a temporary alternate source of 12V power. Many of these are intended to attach through what use to be called the cigar lighter socket, now usually called the aux. power socket. I don't know if an ordinary USB power bank can be adapted to this use, and I'm sure the various makes and models of car have specs. for minimum amps, etc. At the least, I'd expect that a loaner battery, and a set of jumper cables would do the job.

When I asked the guy at AutoZone who helped replace the battery I put in the wife's Outback, I asked him if he had a device of that ilk. "Yep, back in the store," he said then, "but it's too late for that" as he pulled the terminal off the old battery. Thanks, dude.

The most current way I use is an adapter that keeps the memory by feeding power through the DLC connector'

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post