SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good friends and all the stupid things you do to each other
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good friends and all the stupid things you do to each other Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Been talking to some childhood friends lately and we got to reminiscing about all the idiotic things we did and injuries we caused each other. I’m talking fights, bike/motorcycle accidents, fireworks wars, mayhem and stupidity.

A friend I’ve had since 4th grade who’s still the best damn friend I’ve got has kicked my ass, shot me with BB guns and bottle rockets, kicked my ass and run me into a house on a sled. Keep it light hearted and let’s take a trip down memory lane. Smile

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Kneeboarding behind a boat going waaaay too fast causing me a "6 Million Dollar Man" style wipeout. Everybody had wipeouts like that. Lots of bruises, a little blood and all caught on video tape.

Tons of others but that one stuck with me because we were all there.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bottle rocket fights with friends was great fun!!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jumping off of roofs was pretty stupid but seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I had a friend in high school/ college whose parents had 300 acres. We got into tons of trouble out there. We had an old car hood we had acquired somehow, and every time we got snow we would hook it to the back of my Jeep and take turns towing each other around at ridiculous speeds while trying to throw the riders off the hood. I put one of my friends into a hay bale at about 45 mph. In hindsight we were really lucky there were no serious injuries, but that wasn't a concern back in those days.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
BB gun fights-1 pump limit.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
How is it we all had the exact same childhood? Big Grin

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, plenty to choose from but here we go...

(1) Age 11-13, we were staying overnight at a friends house when a rival 'gang' of kids started knocking on the house walls at about 1am (parents were gone working). Half of us started shooting bottle rockets at them from 2nd story windows as the others snuck out back to surprise them. Quite a melee ensued. By the end of the year we were all friends after the ruckus. "Man, remember when you guys started shooting bottle rockets over our heads, then rushed us??? That was AWESOME!!!!".

(2) Ditch ambushes on kids riding by, usually using clods of dirt / mud. Hit plenty of friends hard, sometimes causing them to wipe out and then give chase. In the winter you used snow and would also attack passing vehicles. Big Grin

(3) Trampolines well before the 'net' to keep you from flying off. While jumping on it with friends, you would try to push the others off onto the ground. Resulted in 1 broken arm but that was it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Wars with slingshots was not the best of ideas. learned that lesson after a concussion and 12 stitches.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I had a good friend pick me up and drop me in a cow pie. It was late 60s, I was wearing white pants and a Paisley belt my girl friend bought me. They were not fit for wearing after that.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very young memories where dirt claude fights. Climbing the cherry trees to the very, very top because that is always where the ripest were. Then could not get down.
Or climbing high up in the apple tree to watch the high school kids do their lunch time burn outs (really good ones)at the corner.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
BB gun fights-1 pump limit.

We all know that someone wouldn't abide, so we all gave another 1 or 2 just to even the field a little Big Grin

Growing up on a farm with 2 brothers, 30 cousins, and a few uncles to teach us how to get in to trouble, there wasn't much that we didn't do. I could write a book and make a movie based on our lives on "the farm".
Here are some highlights:

My first bicycle was a dumpster dive find and had no brakes. I used my foot on the front tire to slow down and stop. 1 of my cousins got on it and went down a really steep hill....He ended up finding a big rock hidden in the grass: He must have flown 30 yards through the air as I watched his face of terror. Hit the ground so hard, I thought he died. Didn't move, couldn't breathe, and at 6 years old I ran crying to the house saying he was dead. The ass beating we both got for that was "memorable"

Apple fights (sharpen a sturdy but whippy sprout, shove apple onto the sprout, and proceed to fling at one another) *Bonus was using the apple bins as forts. Plenty of scars from broken slats and nails gouging us.

Car hoods for sleds (it would take at least 5 of us ranging from 6-10 years old the better part of an hour to pull it to the top of a hill for a 30 second ride)

We decided to make a "suicycle" Front end was an old Manco 3 wheeler front end which we welded to a chopped up old lawn mower frame. Found and fixed an old 5 hp Briggs with gobs of torque and an exposed flywheel Eek my cousin Bryan still has a scar where it bit him Big Grin

Playing in a 100 year old hay barn that was nearly fallen over was another not so bright move. Games played were hide and seek which led to "rock wars" and king of the hay bale which again, led to "rock wars"....I sent the youngest brother to the hospital for stitches with a baseball sized rock.

As we got older, BB guns and knives were given to us. Why anyone trusted us? I don't know but we all managed to keep our eyes, fingers, and toes so we must have done something right. Anyway, we shot a bull in the nuts with a bb gun at which time he ran our scrawny little asses up an apple tree and kept us there about an hour or so.

Each of us (boys and girls) alike were involved in fist fights, rock fights, and any other kind of fight you could have as a pre-teen with not much to do. Sometimes it was something stupid, sometimes it was for a good reason, but to this day, we are close as a family and would likely go to war for one another. I wouldn't trade all of the toys, gizmos, and gadgets in the world for any of the scars, beatings, or lifelong memories that we created.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I worked with several good friends at a golf course and we regularly hit range balls at each other while clearing the rough each day. Genius.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fourth of July. Corn fields, apple orchard, Black Cats and acres and acres to play. Month of July green apples, bore a hole down through the middle with your pocket knife. Insert a Black Cat—our “hand grenades.” Brothers and cousins throwing them at each other.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
circa 1956, teacher catches us 'tapping' each others shoulder while whispering in the back of the room.....center stage, "now show us what ya got"....we traded shots with each other until everybody had enough mayhem......I had very impressive arm bruises for a week.

Teacher (male) was actually one of the 3 best I ever had in my public school career.

Buddy & I recently reconnected after being long separated by life paths.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Two older cousins teaching me to water ski. The only instruction I got; "no matter what happens, don't let go of the rope".
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We threw rocks at each other, sniped each other with slingshots and fist fought. Bike crashes were at high speed, spectacular and sans helmets. Teeth were often lost. Eyes blacked. Heads and faces gashed open. Knees and elbows were skinned. Universal medical treatment administered by my mother and other moms was to pour the wound full of Iodine and slap on a Band-Aid. Everyone ate peanuts and managed to survive. Neighborhood girls put up with very little shit from the boys and several actually kicked my ass. And were congratulated by their parents for doing so. I could eat for free at any of my friends houses and they at mine. All the neighborhood parents knew all the kids and networked. Often, a housewife would come out on the porch and holler "Yooper, you little shit! I am calling your mother"! This made my blood run cold, knowing my evil deeds would soon catch up to me.
And what did all this mayhem teach me:
1- There were consequences for stepping out of line.
2- Justice was swift and unavoidable.
Maybe we could use more of that today!
One of the worst things about becoming a cop in my home town was watching many of my neighborhood friends struggle with arrests, drug and alcohol problems and domestic abuse as they came into adulthood.
The fun of my childhood disappeared quickly. It made me sad.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
See the trend here? Beat the shit out of your friends, get your ass kicked by your parents for being a moron, no modern societal problems.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I put one of my friends into a hay bale at about 45 mph. In hindsight we were really lucky there were no serious injuries, but that wasn't a concern back in those days.

I've gotta wonder: were we all just tougher back then? I mean, kids just weren't so prone to injuries?

That said... there was jumping off the grandparents' porch rails, riding a Big Wheel towed behind a minibike (using jumper cables) on a gravel road (Mom was PEEVED over that one), and making bike ramps out of firewood and pieces of 2x4. Oh! And let's not forget the lawn dart battles.

Scrapes, bruises, bumps, and a lot of "betcha can't do this!" Great days, they were.... Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
How is it we all had the exact same childhood? Big Grin

This right here.
W/o helmets, no less.
I think this trained us that we are responsible for our own wellbeing.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post