SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Asking the brain trust. How do I block multiple texts at once?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asking the brain trust. How do I block multiple texts at once? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I donated a few times to WinRed. But, man I am getting sick of 15-20 texts a day from all kinds of politicians asking for more money and all their “donate now for a 15x or 300x match”!!!! Cripes!!!! I have blocked numbers from texting but, for every one I block I get new texts from all kinds of numbers.

Anyone know a secret on an iPhone to get them blocked? Blocking them one by one gets real old.

Posts: 4064 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Try just texting back STOP. I have had luck with that.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Yup, if they're legitimate outfits, STOP will work.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Donating to a political campaign is almost as bad as the NRA.

Don't want to discourage you from supporting your candidate/s, but perhaps an anonymous donation would help.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same problem. For those that dont know, WinRed is the fundraising mechanism of the Republican party. Most candidates seem to go thru that website for any online donations. I donated frequently to Trump in 2016 and got on their "list". And the texts havent stopped since. I reply "stop" to every text I get from them. But they keep on coming. Always from different numbers. I see no way of ever stopping it.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
In a somewhat related note I have the same problem with e mails. In particular anything related to Trump. Trump this,Trump that….Freaking insidious! I went through my computer last week deleting e mails and unsubscribing. Try to do that with any of the Trump crap and it sends you to a donate page that I can’t find a way to get past. Now I just do it everyday, several times a day, as I check e mail.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
WinRed

Clicked the automatic support chat link, it came up with suggested topics, one being Text/Email, and the following BOT auto response, it's clearly a issue. Win Red is sharing your information with the candidate supported, imagine those candidates are sharing your information as a potential doner since you gave once.

Best bet in the future is to setup a google phone number for Text and a separate email for things like this, a little late but that's the trick.

Here is the BOT generated request.

From the WinRed web page

You may receive text messages or emails asking for donations and containing WinRed links.

WinRed is the donation processor for Republican candidates. We do not send any text messages asking you to donate.

The reason WinRed links are contained in those messages is because the candidate asking you to donate is using our software to raise money for their campaign.

While we cannot stop these messages, we suggest reaching out directly to the campaign that is contacting you to unsubscribe.

You can also try replying STOP to text messages or clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of the email to stop emails.

WinRed also does not share your data with anyone except for the campaigns you share it with.
Donor Support Bot profile

Is there anything else we can help you with?
Bot · Just now.

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it seems typing “stop” is working. I have gone from about 20 the other day to about 2 or 3 yesterday to none so far today. Maybe their bots are getting the message.

Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 4064 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post