SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jason Witten Retires after 15 Years
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jason Witten Retires after 15 Years Login/Join 
posted
Jason Witten was a class act guy. Sorry to see him go. I was thinking about this the other day and thought he might go 1 more year. Thanks for all your hard work #82.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Class act for sure. I heard he may have retired for a job on Monday Night Football. Wonder if there’s any truth to that.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Even the big boys can only take so many hits...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That means he will be home 11/5/18 broadcasting the Cowboys/Titans game.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Damm, I am sure going to miss him. Frown
Hall of Fame Lock.

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Surely one of the good one's. Both, player and man.

Wished their running back could learn something from him before he departs. No chance though. Frown

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Vol Forever

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
To make it worse the Eagles jumped ahead of the Cowboys to snag the TE they wanted in the draft Big Grin

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Don’t ya think he should’ve given a Jerry some notice in advance of the draft? Boys will be screwed without a TE...

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Solid guy, too bad he couldn’t ever get on a winning team.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Don’t ya think he should’ve given a Jerry some notice in advance of the draft? Boys will be screwed without a TE...

I’m sure he told Jerry but was instructed to keep it under wraps, so the team has a convenient excuse this year.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this sucks. Been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid, and I'm probably going to get to see them play this year if things go as planned. This blows.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I’m sure he told Jerry but was instructed to keep it under wraps, so the team has a convenient excuse this year.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Exaclty

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Besides being an all-star TE Witten has always been a class act.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Solid guy, too bad he couldn’t ever get on a winning team.

They had some really good seasons, including a 13-3, but were a .500 team over the span of his career, and ALWAYS shit the bed on the occasions when they did make the playoffs.

From what I heard Friday, he will be an analyst on MNF, making $4 mill a year. Wise on his part to take that offer, for sure.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I will miss Jason. 15 years in the NFL is a long time.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was fantastic player. It seemed like he could get open any time he wanted. Oh, Mr Witten also seemed like a genuinely good person.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post