SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What we do for our kids
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What we do for our kids Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
My son just transferred to Japan 3 weeks ago and after some delays, things started to happen quickly. They sold the car, the house is under contract closing on May 15th, but the sale of his motorcycle fell through at the last minute.

I told him to not stress it and I'd take care of it for him so yesterday I really put myself out (that was sarcasm) and rode his bike down from Charleston to Jacksonville

We drove up Friday after work and spent the night so we could head back donw in the morning for the better weather and better traffic.

It was pretty much a perfect day for riding, still a little cool when I got started but warmed up nicely without ever getting really hot. Plenty of sunshine and very light traffic. Once I got out of the hell of SC roads and into GA with 3 lanes the traffice was really a non issue.

The bike is a 2003 750cc Honda Shadow that while I don't really care for it, ran flawlessly and never lacked for power or acceleration. My only real issue with the bike is that my bike is an 1100cc Shadow Tourer so everything on his bike just feels small to me. Bars, pegs, height, everything just felt a little off.

Now I need to clean it up and sell it before my wife decides to take it out for a ride. She has mentioned a few times over the last few years that she is thinking about another bike and if she takes it out then I am losing some garage space.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
sounds like a win/win regardless of how it works out Smile

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
You should encourage her to take it out! What a great riding partner. Besides, if you buy it from your son you could always sell it back to him when he comes back to the CONUS. Ride safe!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:...if she takes it out then I am losing some garage space.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43920 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The monkey again has the almost perfect answer although the lawnmower or such would look fine in the tent instead.

--------------------------------------------
You can't have no idea how little I care.

Posts: 344 | Registered: December 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post