SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Agitators who tried to shut down Lake Shore and Cubs game have a new plan to block access to O'Hare
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agitators who tried to shut down Lake Shore and Cubs game have a new plan to block access to O'Hare Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Story about the idiots

“CHICAGO — The man who organized the recent anti-violence protest that shut down Lake Shore Drive is planning a new protest for Labor Day.

Rev. Gregory Livingston of the New Hope Baptist Church in West Humboldt Park said he plans to shut down the Kennedy Expressway leading in and out of O’Hare.

He plans to shut down the expressway around 11 a.m. or noon on September 3rd.

He’s demanding the resignations of Mayor Emanuel and Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson as well as more economic development on the south and west sides.“

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
More winning for the city of Shitcago!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing this time Rahm won’t be telling the cops to sit idly by.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Even though I am in agreement with his goals, I think it is well past time in this country that we allow “peaceful assembly” to unduly disrupt and infringe on the rights of others to go about their business.

At the point protesters start blocking access to public facilities, roadways, and the rights of others to travel unimpeded they need to be warned and then carted off regardless of their viewpoint or political affiliation.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10963 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Even though I am in agreement with his goals, I think it is well past time in this country that we allow “peaceful assembly” to unduly disrupt and infringe on the rights of others to go about their business.

At the point protesters start blocking access to public facilities, roadways, and the rights of others to travel unimpeded they need to be warned and then carted off regardless of their viewpoint or political affiliation.

If he was serious, he’d be protesting in the ghetto where the killers live, not impeding people that have absolutely nothing to do with said killing. All this jackass will do is pull beat cops away from patrol to deal with the problems the protestors cause with traffic to and from O’Hare.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:

Warn them? What, like they shouldn't already expect problems? How about the first volley of FMJs and 00 Buck serves as a "warning" to the remaining folks still standing?
The "warning" is "You're next, MF'ers"

...oh, I'm being "mean" again, that'll probably make some of you sad...

So, you are advocating executions as a means to deal with a-hole protestors?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I can’t see them allowed to shut down the O’Hare spur, I-190 I think. If they try, that will get attention anyway.

What’s next, go out on the runways?

Posts: 6194 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
They really don't want to block the path of people in rental cars!

Note to self:
Reserve the really big SUV or F150 that week Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23332 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggest distinguishing between peaceful protests such as bullhorns in parks, marches down sidewalks and the like, and anarchy which blocks roads, trashes businesses and otherwise forcibly intrudes on non-participants’ freedoms. The former falling within the normal scope of peaceable assembly/protests and the latter deserving of whatever violence by the authorities is necessary to eliminate such anarchy. Define it that way and you can unblock roads, buildings, halt destruction, etc in order to continue normal activities when necessary.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
This is good stuff. Let’s see how a Democrat city responds to one of the world’s largest transportation hubs getting shut down for a bullshit protest.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
RAMMING SPEED!!! Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about the first volley of FMJs and 00 Buck serves as a "warning" to the remaining folks still standing?

We are privileged to have a couple of Chicago's Finest on this forum and they can tell you that the CPD is more than capable of handling this rabble -- if allowed to do so by Rahm and his lackeys.

While your comments don't make me sad, I think they are vile and offensive. As stupid and ignorant as they people are, they deserve to be arrested with vigor, not slaughtered.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Warn them? What, like they shouldn't already expect problems? How about the first volley of FMJs and 00 Buck serves as a "warning" to the remaining folks still standing?

Well you have to admit, you do have a mean streak but that's one of the things I like about you. Cool

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think water cannons might be useful, or that new sound cannon thingy.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

If he was serious, he’d be protesting in the ghetto where the killers live, not impeding people that have absolutely nothing to do with said killing. All this jackass will do is pull beat cops away from patrol to deal with the problems the protestors cause with traffic to and from O’Hare.

THIS^^^
110% this!

Agitators and rabble-rousers is all they are. "Let's go and inconvenience someone else." The phake phather phleger, the one that started all this bullshit had 8 people (or folks) shot A BLOCK AWAY FROM HIS CHURCH! And not a fuckin' peep out of him. Nothing.

Before that, he holds a march in his neighborhood because of another gang shooting. The march tries to cross the street (into rival gang territory) and a fight breaks out. phake phather phleger runs away.
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...lled-auburn-gresham/

CoolRich, you're right. We probably could handle this bullshit. We could have handled it months ago with the first protest blocking the expressway. Or last Christmas when they blocked the stores on Michigan Ave. However, when you have a Mayor supporting these shenanigans, and a Supt (told to) marching arm in arm with the leader, does anyone think that the "release the hounds" order is going to be given.

The sad truth of the matter is, the Police will be out there protecting THEM. I'm actually all for the poor guy who's boss has been riding his ass for the last 5 days, and all he wants to do is get home to a cold beer and a warm meal. He should be able to get home. Then some dickhead wants to block his way to get home? Naaa....

Again, my prediction is that it's just a build up for something larger in the near future. The VanDyke/McDonald shooting trial starts here 5 Sept. My personal opinion is that right, wrong or indifferent, no matter what the verdict is, this city will have problems... or PROBLEMS! But there's going to be protests and rioting either way.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I think water cannons might be useful, or that new sound cannon thingy.

flashguy

Water cannons definitely, but lets have the dairy farmers send the "honey" wagons around to feed the canons. That way, the police can tell who needs to be picked up.

Ken

Posts: 1051 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post