SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside her home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside her home Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...picable-criminal-act

I have little doubt that she was targeted because she had the gall to get off the plantation and that she was branded a "traitor to her race."

You know- by all those totally not-racist racists. When everything you do and say and when every single breath you take and every thought you have is tainted with obsession about race- guess what? You're a racist by the very definition of the term, and I don't mean the term as defined by those would deny their racism. Word games do not change the truth.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That article mentions she was a "scrum master". That was a new term to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I had to look that up too. To save others some time:

The scrum master helps the team enhance and streamline the processes by which they achieve their goals. They do so as a team member, or collaborator, ideally not as someone in control. The best scrum teams are self-organizing, and therefore don't react well to top-down management.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“Agile” nomenclature

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the linked article:

It is not immediately clear if she was the intended target of the alleged shooting.
It is reported as an "alleged shooting." I guess that the alleged journalist has a bit of a problem understanding the science of bullet holes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Funny how the FOX story does not have the part of Kratovil's quote where he says detectives say it appears she was targeted.

Kratovil reported that detectives believed the incident to be targeted but did not yet have a motive and are actively investigating the incident further.

This Breitbart story does.
https://www.breitbart.com/crim...huge-loss-community/

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
All lies. Not possible. With NJs strict gun laws, no one but the po-lice have guns.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Local report:
SAYREVILLE, NJ — A newly elected Republican Councilwoman in Sayreville was fatally gunned down just feet from her front door Wednesday evening, and Gov. Phil Murphy decried it as "an act of gun violence" that stunned the state.

Eunice Dwumfour, 30, was shot near her apartment in the Camelot at La Mer apartment complex shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday, said Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone. She was inside her SUV when she was hit with multiple rounds of gunfire.

It was 7:22 p.m. Wednesday when Sayreville Police received the 911 call reporting shots fired on Samuel Circle inside the development.

Neighbors in the complex told NJ.com they heard six shots, and then saw her white Nissan SUV roll down a hill and collide with multiple parked cars before finally coming to a stop.

Authorities believe she was the intended target of the shooting, ABC6 reported. Neighbors also told NJ.com the shooter appeared to target her car, stopping and opening fire into the SUV before driving away. Other neighbors said "they saw someone running away with a mask on," according to the New York Post.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/m...ilwoman-what-we-know

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, it's not a robbery.

posted Hide Post
Maybe it is a car-jacking gone bad.......or not!!

Posts: 6624 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
What a shame, so young, so much ahead of her. I can’t help but think of the many Democrats who have publicly accused Republicans of “inciting violence against people of color.” Who is killed? A Republican woman of color. Damn them.

Posts: 13276 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Unless the shooter was popping off random shots in random directions, she was targeted.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This is a demorhhoid tactic when they lose an election.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
From the linked article:

It is not immediately clear if she was the intended target of the alleged shooting.
It is reported as an "alleged shooting." I guess that the alleged journalist has a bit of a problem understanding the science of bullet holes.

Well, we have had green comets and micrometeoroid showers.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is funny?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
No, Sir, the murder of Eunice Dwumfour is not funny, it is heinous.

I was intending to cast shade on the media 'reporters', not to diminish the seriousness of the criminal act.

I apologize.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're a genuinely witty guy, Richard. I admire sharp wit and you've made some quips which I would have loved to have thought of, but there's a time and a place for witty remarks and this thread is not one of them.

That being said, you're a faithful 20 year member of this forum, which I appreciate, and I consider you part of our family.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what it's like in New Jersey, but in Detroit if someone walks up or drives up to your car and empties a magazine into it you pissed off the wrong group of people.

Those aren't usually a solo act of retaliation for a slight of some sort.

With that said, those sorts of retaliations are usually reserved for people who are deep in elicit behavior themselves and not politicians or other prominent people, except rappers of course as they seem to be magnets for that.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
THIS in the Asbury Park Press

Sayreville community in shock following fatal shooting of councilwoman
By:
Susan Loyer
Ken Serrano
Jenna Calderón
Joe Strupp
Charles Daye
Liam Quinn
Nicholas Katzban
MyCentralJersey.com

SAYREVILLE – The community remained in a state of shock following the fatal shooting of 30-year-old Borough Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour Wednesday evening.

"The FBI is aware of that incident and we are working with all of our partners in order to find out more about that incident," FBI Special Agent in Charge James E. Dennehy said of the fatal shooting of Dwumfour. Dennehy declined to respond to further questions as to whether the FBI is officially part of the investigation.

"As a community we are shocked and saddened at the loss of Eunice Dwumfour,” Sayreville Mayor Victoria Kilpatrick said in a statement. “Eunice was a dedicated member of our Borough Council who was truly committed to serve all of our residents. The fact that she was taken from us by a despicable criminal act makes this incident all the more horrifying.”

Dwumfour, a Republican, won her seat on the Council in 2021. She was the Council's liaisons to Public Safety and the Sayreville Human Relations Commission. She also served on the Public Works and Recreation committees.

"She was very humble, had respect," he said.

Her sister, Priscilla, 20, said Eunice, who was born in the United States, was deeply wrapped up in her Christian faith. She attended church at Champions Royal Assembly on Broad Street in Newark.

"She was always happy," Priscilla said.

Who was Eunice Dwumfour?:Sayreville councilwoman's life 'embodied the American Dream'

On her LinkedIn profile, Dwumfour stated she was director of churches for Champions Royal Assembly from May 2015 to the present. She recently sent out a message on LinkedIn saying she was looking to make a change, although she did not specify from what.

"Hi everyone - I am looking for a new role and would appreciate your support. Thank you in advance for any connections, advice, or opportunities you can offer," the post, listed a month ago, reads.

Marybeth Sgrillo, a neighborhood resident, told USA Today Network New Jersey she was stunned by what happened outside her home.

"I heard loud gunshots, at least five in a row, and then I think there was a little delay and then I think five more. Something you would hear, you know, if somebody wanted to kill somebody,” Sgrillo said. “It was very loud, I live right here, it was like it was right outside the door.”

She was still shaken up and surprised that such a brutal incident happened so close.

“Not in Sayreville, not in this complex. You can walk your dog at night," she said. "My heart is still pounding, my heart, it still thumping away. It was scary."

She recalled how the councilwoman presented herself in her neighborhood.

"She was always dressed up so nice and pretty," she said. "It was bad, it had to be bad.”

Chyann Brown, another neighborhood resident, said she had just gotten home Wednesday evening when the police arrived on scene.

She said she could see bullet casings in the road and that Dwumfour’s car had rolled down the street into another car.

Brown lives next door to Dwumfour’s sister and has interacted with Dwumfour and her daughter on many occasions.

“She was a really sweet lady,” she said. “Never in any altercations."

The mayor also said that Dwumfour was a woman of deep faith and worked hard to integrate her strong Christian beliefs into her daily life as a person and a community leader.

Sayreville Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour
“We are confident that our police department working collaboratively with the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office will bring this fast-moving investigation to a quick and successful conclusion and look forward to the identification, arrest, and successful prosecution of the person responsible,” Kilpatrick said.

Gov. Phil Murphy said in a statement he was "stunned" to hear of the murder.

"Her career of public service was just beginning, and by all accounts she had already built a reputation as a committed member of the Borough Council who took her responsibility with the utmost diligence and seriousness," Murphy said in the statement. "I send my condolences to Councilwoman Dwumfour’s family and friends, her governing body colleagues, and the entire Sayreville community. Sayreville is a proud, tight-knit, and safe community and I know that it will come together, as it always has, in common purpose. "

Murphy said the New Jersey State Police are supporting the investigation.

"We remember Eunice for how she lived, not for how she died," Sayreville Republican Chair Karen Bailey Bebert said in a statement. "She was the embodiment of Sayreville, living the American Dream, overcoming challenges with grit and a smile. And always giving of time and love to others. She embodied Sayreville and will be terribly missed by all who were fortunate enough to know her."

https://www.app.com/story/news...P-1171AP-E-NLETTER04

You probably need a subscription to read this
I stripped a lot out of this article, intentionally.

It's terribly sad, that if, this was politically motivated, as a nation it has come down to this.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If this woman had been a democrat, imagine the myriad of ridiculous assertions that would be made as to why. Maybe republicans should jump on the fact that she was shot in a state that is arguably one of the most anti-gun states in the union. Make it clear that she was killed in an act of violence, not gun violence.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15597 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post