SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "He shot my arm off!"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"He shot my arm off!" Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16340 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Any updates on this one?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last of the suspects was in court Monday. He was medically cleared to be in court.

https://nbcpalmsprings.com/202...st-court-appearance/

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Too motherfucking bad Rasheed DaShawn Lee Belvin.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The news story failed to mention whether the arm fell off.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The news story failed to mention whether the arm fell off.

The shop owner used birdshot, so I doubt the arm was removed, either due to injury or surgery.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Was there ever any reason to believe that his arm was “shot off” other than his panicked outcries?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Likely not with the bird shot that was used…

just a guess - dunno

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the heart attack and return to the store, the owner did have a stroke around the end of October and was recovering.

News reports are that he has now died - RIP, Craig Cope. The world certainly would be better for more business owners like you.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/na...rticle270487547.html

80-year-old California store owner who shot robber dies

An 80-year-old Southern California liquor store owner who opened fire with a shotgun and wounded a would-be armed robber this summer has died, the store reported Tuesday. Craig Cope died Tuesday morning, and a memorial at Norco Market & Liquor will be held at a later date, according to a Facebook post. It didn’t mention a cause of death. Cope was alone at the counter shortly before 3 a.m. on July 31 in Norco in Riverside County when a man in a ski mask came through the door, pointing a rifle and demanding: “Hands in the air! Hands in the air!” Surveillance video shows Cope firing one blast from the shotgun.

The gunman fled. Surveillance cameras outside the store caught him screaming “He shot my arm off, he shot my arm off!” as he got into a car and was driven away. “I didn’t have time to be afraid" after the car with four robbers pulled into the parking lot, and some got out wearing masks and gloves and holding weapons, Cope told KTTV-TV.

One robber came through the door with what Cope said appeared to be a semiautomatic rifle. “The guy pointed the gun directly at me. It was him or me," Cope told the station. Four men were later arrested at a hospital where the wounded suspect was being treated. The getaway car had been stolen in Las Vegas and contained stolen weapons, authorities said.

Cope was commended by the Sheriff's Department. Video of the shooting made him a celebrity. People flocked to the store to photograph and congratulate him and to buy items, including a T-shirt with the slogan “Don’t Mess with Norco, We’ll shoot your arm off,” KABC-TV reported. Cope had owned the store since 1976. After the shooting, he suffered a heart attack but recovered and returned to work before having a disabling stroke in October.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
It would depend on the medical condition, but I wonder if felony murder can reach that far? It can if he had died if a stress induced heart attack during the robbery.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post