SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pictured Rocks Rockslide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictured Rocks Rockslide Login/Join 
posted
We have kayaked right below these cliffs in Michigan's Upper Peninsula several times. Sure glad we weren't there yesterday!

https://nbc25news.com/news/loc...s-into-lake-superior

Posts: 774 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"BYACK UP!"

What's a Chicagoan doing way up there? Big Grin

Mother Nature is pretty cool though.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
"BYACK UP!"

Baaa-hahaha! Love my Michigan friends with that extra "y" in some words!

My "adopted sister's" daughter mentioned recently getting a new "byackpyack." Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
"BYACK UP!"

Baaa-hahaha! Love my Michigan friends with that extra "y" in some words!

My "adopted sister's" daughter mentioned recently getting a new "byackpyack." Big Grin
Must be a UP thing. I never heard it in Detroit.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Cool video, but the "man" screaming in the video is an annoying, little bitch

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
...the "man" screaming in the video is an annoying, little bitch
Not mincing any words tonight, I see. Big Grin

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
...the "man" screaming in the video is an annoying, little bitch
Not mincing any words tonight, I see. Big Grin

Reminds me of this:

Put it in reverse Terry! Oh Lawd, Jesus... Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don’t think Gordon Lightfoot will be writing a new song about Brad or his screeching “friend”.

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

I dont know why I was thinking he was in a kayak, but when I saw he was in a boat I agreed with you.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've hiked the tops of those a few times, and there are lots of signs warning people to stay back from the edge because the cliffs can collapse without warning. Apparently they weren't lying.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happens fairly often. A couple years ago some kayakers nearly cashed in the chips during a fall.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’ve done the boat tour and always thought I’d like to kayak there. Not anymore.

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I guess if I ever get up there in a boat or kayak, a healthy distance from the rocks is best observed.

Posts: 3161 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+3 Just glad we were spared an onscreen interview.

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I WISH I actually knew him. Because I would change my ring tone to his Backup Screech!!! Oh, and he absolutely lost his man card, if he ever had one!!!

Baton Rouge, LA

Posts: 68 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: May 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
a number of decades past (OK, so it was 1971ish) me & a buddy were in a canoe in the middle of Lake Louise (Banff) watching the then-glacier at the end of the lake, when a largish section fell off into the lake. It generated a wave that amounted to a lot of excitement in theory but was only a few noticeable inches when it got to us.

It was this view point but the snow field is curiously absent now. https://static.greatbigcanvas....a-canada,2045274.jpg

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post