SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have we entered the Twilight Zone? Proposal to ban bullet-resistant glass in Philly
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have we entered the Twilight Zone? Proposal to ban bullet-resistant glass in Philly Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Just don't hold your breath.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Concealed Carry is 100% legal and easy to get in PA...even Philly.

I hope they take down the glass so now they can easily shoot anyone who fucks with them.

In my travels as a drug rep in Philly territory, I find myself in these hoods that look like bombed out Beirut...while wearing a suit and carrying a bag of expensive drugs. I don't go unarmed, ever.

I drive through these shitty neighborhoods wondering why the fuck these people have a business their anyway.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like most at-risk to this new proposal is Asian-owned business, what they term 'beer-deli's'

So the underlying complaint is these stores are simply liquor shops catering to the neighborhood's lowest denominator, however who's fault is it, the store for trying to maintain a business or, the city for issue the liquor license?

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
So my take on this, the city wants to eliminate the stores that sell single beers and liquor but has no legal right to do so. If the city tries to crack down on these "undesirable" they realize that legal action will probably be initiated by the store owners. So to accomplish removal of these undesirable stores, Council wants to eliminate the only way that these establishments can safely exist is these marginal neighborhoods, bullet resistant barriers.

Instead of calling it out like it is,a attempt to eliminate legal businesses without potential liability to the city, Councilwoman Bass plays the race card.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post